Dallascowboys.com: Cowboys to Tryout Da'Quan Bowers and LaMike James

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2015/10/13/scheduled-free-agent-workouts-include-rb-james-dt-bowers-wr-mayle-waived

Scheduled Free Agent Workouts Include RB James, DT Bowers; WR Mayle Waived

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 5:00 PM CDT

By Rob Phillips
@robphillips3

IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys are expected to hold scheduled workouts with a few free agent players during the bye week, including running back LaMichael James and defensive tackle Da’Quan Bowers.

James, a 2012 second-round pick by the 49ers, was waived by the Dolphins last month after spending the 2014 season there. In his five-year career he has 44 carries for 193 yards (4.4 avg.) and five catches for 45 yards. He also has averaged 28.3 yards on 28 kickoff returns and averaged 10.9 yards on 23 punt returns.

The Cowboys lost their primary kickoff returner last week when running back Lance Dunbar landed on injured reserve with a torn ACL.

Bowers, a 2011 second-round pick by the Buccaneers, was released by Tampa Bay at final cuts last month. In four seasons he recorded 66 tackles and seven sacks.

Also expected to be among the scheduled free agent workouts is running back Isaiah Pead, a second-round pick by the Rams in 2012 who was waived late last month after spending the entire 2014 season on injured reserve with a knee injury. In 27 games over three seasons he has 19 carries for 78 yards (4.1 avg.) and 14 catches for 94 yards.

The Cowboys do have an open 53-man roster spot after waiving wide receiver Vince Mayle, who was signed from the practice squad last week with Dunbar moving to injured reserve.
Call me a sucker but I'm hopeful James can replace the bums we have returning kicks. I'm also excited to see if Marinelli sees any potential in Bowers and can resurrect his career.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Havent kept up with Bowers since he was injured, but at RB I'd be willing to have a look-see at almost anyone. Hard to be worse than what we have now.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like both players...this would also somehow rationalize [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] taking Bowers first overall in a previous Kiper.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
I like both players...this would also somehow rationalize [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] taking Bowers first overall in a previous Kiper.
We got something out of a schlub like George Selvie...if Bowers can come in, be serviceable, and tap any of the talent he had in the past, it'd be awesome

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:fatguyfistpump

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Wikipedia: As a child, Bowers looked up to Reggie White. Bowers grew up as a Dallas Cowboys fan and a Los Angeles Lakers fan.

He wants to wear the star :tehj

Top Bottom