Archer: Jason Garrett: Cowboys' quarterback position up for evaluation

GShock

DCC 4Life
Weeden continued and lamented his typical bad luck.

“Norv Turner [Weeden's offensive coordinator with the Cleveland Browns] told me a long time ago when we were sitting in the quarterback meeting, he said, ‘Brandon, I don't know what you have done to whoever, but you've got the worst luck of any player I have been around.’ I have, ever since I was a little kid. I don't know what I did. But it is what it is.”
Your starting QB for America's team needs a binky.

:budd

I don't know either but my guess is he isn't real comfortable with Cassell either. I hope this situation gets better quick or we can flush the season. Bryants return is more critical than a QB change.
Not really, it won't matter if Bryant comes back or not, Weeden can't or won't get him the ball!!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not really, it won't matter if Bryant comes back or not, Weeden can't or won't get him the ball!!
It's the only hope for improvement regardless of who the QB is. Dallas does not have a down the field threat and that is the reason they are limited with an underneath short game. Williams can't deliver on a vertical scheme so Dallas as a team is stuck with the dink and dunk game. Change that and they might have a chance. Now they have none. They will continue to face stacked defenses until it changes.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's the only hope for improvement regardless of who the QB is. Dallas does not have a down the field threat and that is the reason they are limited with an underneath short game. Williams can't deliver on a vertical scheme so Dallas as a team is stuck with the dink and dunk game. Change that and they might have a chance. Now they have none. They will continue to face stacked defenses until it changes.
Ravid was correct this recieving corps is seriously lacking, they are doing the QB's no favors.

Street should be churned.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Ravid was correct this recieving corps is seriously lacking, they are doing the QB's no favors.

Street should be churned.
I think they would have a better downfield threat to use Escobar as a WR rather than a TE. Put him and Williams in a deep to intermediate route with Beasley in the slot. Use Beasley and the RB for short stuff but not exclusively.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think they would have a better downfield threat to use Escobar as a WR rather than a TE. Put him and Williams in a deep to intermediate route with Beasley in the slot. Use Beasley and the RB for short stuff but not exclusively.
Won't happen, only using players at their assigned position is the fourth law of robotics

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Don't give me this BS about being unlucky when it comes to sports unless you're plagued by nagging injuries or something like that. Other than the occasional lucky bounce or tip, on field performance rarely is a matter of luck when you're a professional athlete. Pro athletes don't need luck nearly as much as competence to succeed on the field. Saying you've been unlucky is just an excuse for not getting the job done and yet another reason why this schmuck should never take another snap. Whiny biatches, please exit stage left.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Don't give me this BS about being unlucky when it comes to sports unless you're plagued by nagging injuries or something like that. Other than the occasional lucky bounce or tip, on field performance rarely is a matter of luck when you're a professional athlete. Pro athletes don't need luck nearly as much as competence to succeed on the field. Saying you've been unlucky is just an excuse for not getting the job done and yet another reason why this schmuck should never take another snap. Whiny biatches, please exit stage left.
Totally agree.

That statement alone should get him benched. Shows he has no confidence in his own abilities and relies on luck.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I 100% agree with this. It was a nice little experiment, but it's time for him to go.
His diving catch was a thing of beauty, but NFL WRs need to be consistent. The Patriots passing game is excellent every year because they get consistent production four deep at WR. They aren't scrubs for sure, but none warrant a second look-- until they've ripped you up by the end of the game.

They prove time and again that running good routes is much more important skill than speed, size, or athletic ability.

In fact, those latter things lead to gigantic contracts that actually harm the team and reduces resilience to injury.

Sure Dez is inspirational to watch, but what good is it when he's hurt and the retards behind him are so damned limited?

Sad thing is you could see this coming watching these guys in the offseason.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Ya know just maybe Dooley deserves some of this blame for our wrs not progressing

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ya know just maybe Dooley deserves some of this blame for our wrs not progressing
Good point.

I think our current coaching staff is pretty weak with the positional groups.

Dooley loved him some Street and that guy has shown jack and shit since being drafted.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think Street is just a spare physically. His numbers are so average.

Still think he was drafted because he was coached by Garrett's buddy in college and therefore was seen as a very "safe" pick.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I really thought the WR's would benefit from the extra reps and responsibility caused by Dez' absence, but they've come up small in real games.

Williams has not advanced since his rookie season, and now being the focus of the defense it looks like he's regressing.

Beasley is a gimmick that only works under certain conditions, Street is looking bad, and Whitehead is so raw you can't even tell.

Escobar never gets on the field yet occupies enough time that Hanna has no room to develop as a receiver.

Romo could rely on Witten with Dez gone, but Weeden has zero feel for how to throw to him. If there's any hope vs. New York it's that Cassel finds a way to feed Witten.

Giants, Eagles, and Bucs are must-wins.

Top Bottom