Week 5 Gameday Chatter Thread | Patriots at Cowboys | 10/11/2015

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This will be a stress free Sunday for me. I'm at peace with the likelihood that the Cowboys won't be competitive today.

I'm just going to enjoy a day of football.

I'd like to see some improvement from the defense but that's asking a lot given today's opponent.

Offensively I'm expecting more of the same. Ineffective run game and inconsistent play from the QB and WRs.

So I'm not even going to bother coming up with "what if" scenarios to entertain the idea that the Cowboys can win this game.

Patriots 37
Cowboys 17

Stars

DCC 4Life
This is the type of game the Cowboys will win. They have no business being within 3 touchdowns of the Patriots today. But we will.

Pats 31
Cowboys 38

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Patriots 77
Dallas -7

1bigfan13

Staff member
The only way I could see this game being close is if we used a strategy similar to the one the NY Giants used in the Super Bowl against the Bills.

Ball control, keep away.

Unfortunately the "greatest OL in history" has played like an average unit for most of the year, so I seriously doubt we'd be able to control the game with our running game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, this is how I felt going through the 8-8 and 5-11 seasons. I have zero hope that we win. I obviously want us to, but the feeling of peace is kinda nice.

data

Forbes #1
The only way I could see this game being close is if we used a strategy similar to the one the NY Giants used in the Super Bowl against the Bills.

Ball control, keep away.

Unfortunately the "greatest OL in history" has played like an average unit for most of the year, so I seriously doubt we'd be able to control the game with our running game.
I dont necessarily give up this game, but want to see our OL breakout today.

data

Forbes #1

Ball control, keep away.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
I think we keep this one a lot closer than most people think. Still think we lose though. Patriots 31, Cowboys 27.

Cotton

Staff member
You watch Hardy sack Brady and get flagged for a ticky tack roughing penalty.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yeah, this is how I felt going through the 8-8 and 5-11 seasons. I have zero hope that we win. I obviously want us to, but the feeling of peace is kinda nice.
It really is a nice feeling.

If you've seen the movie Deep Impact there's a scene towards the end where Tea Leoni's character and her father go out to the beach to embrace an inevitable death at the hands of a giant tsunami wave that's bearing down upon them.

That's how I feel right now. I know the beat down is going to happen and I know there's very little hope for a win.

So I've wandered out to the beach to accept my fate, so to speak.

Cotton

Staff member
Week Five early inactives

Posted by Josh Alper on October 11, 2015, 11:38 AM EDT

Every week we’ll bring you all the inactives from the early games in one post, constantly updated with the latest information. So check back often to see the full list as it becomes available.

Redskins at Falcons

Redskins:

Falcons: WR Justin Hardy, CB Dez Southward, S Charles Godfrey, LB Justin Durant, C Gino Gradkowski, T Bryce Harris, DE Malliciah Goodman

Browns at Ravens

Browns: QB Austin Davis, RB Shaun Draughn, WR Dwayne Bowe, RB Robert Turbin, S Tashaun Gipson, LB Craig Robertson, TE E.J. Bibbs

Ravens: WR Breshad Perriman, RB Lorenzo Taliaferro, CB Rashaan Melvin, OL Ryan Jensen, TE Crockett Gillmore, WR Stev Smith, DE Chris Canty

Seahawks at Bengals

Seahawks: RB Marshawn Lynch, CB Marcus Burley

Bengals:

Rams at Packers

Rams: QB Sean Mannion, S Maurice Alexander, LB Alec Ogletree, LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar, T Darrell Williams, G Cody Wichmann, DL Ethan Westbrooks

Packers:

Bears at Chiefs

Bears: T Jermon Bushrod, WR Alshon Jeffery, WR Eddie Royal, S Antrel Rolle, OL Patrick Omameh, DE Will Sutton, QB David Fales.

Chiefs: LB Josh Mauga

Saints at Eagles

Saints: T Terron Armstead, P Thomas Morstead

Eagles: LB Mychal Kendricks, LB Kiko Alonso, DL Brandon Bair

Jaguars at Buccaneers

Jaguars: WR Marqise Lee, RB Denard Robinson, S James Sample, DT Sen’Derrick Marks, LB Paul Posluszny, DE Chris Smith, OL Tyler Shatley

Buccaneers: QB Ryan Griffin, CB Johnthan Banks, C Evan Smith, G Logan Mankins, TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE Luke Stocker, WR Russell Shepard

Bills at Titans

Bills: RB LeSean McCoy, RB Karlos Williams, WR Sammy Watkins, S Bacarri Rambo, LB Tony Steward, OL Gabe Ikard, DL Alex Carrington

Titans: QB Charlie Whitehurst, RB Terrance West, CB Cody Riggs, G Chance Warmack, TE Chase Coffman, DL Mike Martin, NT Sammie Hill

Cotton

Staff member

I'm sure [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION] will be stoked.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They could regain their footing, but our shitty backs won't capitalize.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Ball control, keep away.

We won't be able to control the game because of our running back, not the offensive line.

Cotton

Staff member
Good god, we all know we are going to lose, but do we have to have a funeral service for a chatter thread? Chat it up, boys!

1bigfan13

Staff member
We won't be able to control the game because of our running back, not the offensive line.
Yes the running backs are pedestrian but the OL play hasn't been nearly good enough either.

Top Bottom