The way I saw it: Cowboys-Saints week 4

Jiggyfly

Banned
Finally rewatched the game don't and have a lot of time for a breakdown but I have to say a rewatch raised more questions than answers.

1.The running game I have to say it was not as bad as I remembered there were far less negative carries and at times it looked pretty good but the negative runs that did happen just killed the drives.

It's becoming very evident that Murray and this line had a special chemistry you can see they are a half step off from some really nice runs and staying away from those minimal gains.

The backside is not as clean as last year, Free struggles to cut off that backside guy and guys are missing a LB's on the 2nd level and letting guys go to early but this is getting better week to week.

2.Weeden played a nice game unlike Romo he cannot get us out of bad play calls or situations after a negative play but he looked to be in much better command of the offense overall.

The main question I have is should we have opened up the offense earlier he looked great on that last TD drive after playing conservative for much of the game.

I also wonder what we should be expecting out of this offense with what we have at WR, Williams is below average as a #1, NO was in 8 man fronts the entire game, between how limited Weeden and what we have at WR I don't know what the ceiling is.

3. The defense is snakebitten if it was not a pick play it was a ticky tack PI call or a missed TO possibility, that int that was called back on Church was a huge momentum shift, we get the ball inside their 30 and if we get 7 points there I think the whole game changes.

Church had a terrible game he missed 3 crucial tackles beside the 1 in overtime I would like to see Jones get phased in as the FS and let Wilcox play as the SS.

Overall considering Gachkar and Wilson played a majority of the game and we held NO to 13 points until 6 minutes left can't be totally pissed at the D, but unlike last year they are not getting those crucial stops so they have to get most of the blame.

4.I can see the defense getting much better after the bye but I am not sure what we get out of Weeden, if he plays like Sunday night I could see us treading water until Romo cames back, but we definitley need to start getting some short field from TO's and special teams.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Do you have a feel for how many third and long the defense allowed N.O. to convert. I recall several.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I recall in the last couple of drives in regulation time Dallas gave up at least three first downs after holding them to a long yardage conversion. I don't have the game so I may be in error but what is vivid to me was the corners alignment and an immediate back pedal. The cushion was way too soft.

Top Bottom