Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He lacks the ball skills and awareness to be a FS.
I think he definitely lacks the ball skills at corner, but maybe he'd be better with everything in front of him?

It's better than putting him at CB where I know he's just going to continue to be a liability.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd rather just flush him...walking out because he lost his spot to a superior player bothers me.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Flush the turd.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd rather just flush him...walking out because he lost his spot to a superior player bothers me.
Same here, but doesn't he have 1 year left on his contract?

If so, then I'd like to try and get something out of him while he's here.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Same here, but doesn't he have 1 year left on his contract?

If so, then I'd like to try and get something out of him while he's here.
Since that year is guaranteed, I'd keep him and make him play ST before I cut him and paid him to leave. I'd trade him for a conditional 7th though if some team things he'll play better in their system or whatever.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He lacks the ball skills and awareness to be a FS.
I think he lacks the physical strength and toughness by far. His ball skills are good when he's not covering players a notch faster and in better shape than he is.

Bottom line is if Claiborne figures out how to keep his body strong and in NFL shape he should be a solid CB with fine ball skills.

It's a huge if.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn't cut Claiborne, obviously due to the negative cap thing.

Hopefully, we can get one of those trade me your shit for my shit trades that you often see with first round draft busts.

That guy doesn't have it. Never has.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't cut Claiborne, obviously due to the negative cap thing.

Hopefully, we can get one of those trade me your shit for my shit trades that you often see with first round draft busts.

That guy doesn't have it. Never has.
Such a major fail still astounds me. Was this straight up Jerrah? Or was some other dipshit to blame for such a colossal whiff?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Such a major fail still astounds me. Was this straight up Jerrah? Or was some other dipshit to blame for such a colossal whiff?
Think it was failure to do due diligence on him as we figured would have no shot at drafting him.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Melvin Ingram? Nick Perry? Try to get Marinelli to salvage a rotational player out of one of them?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Melvin Ingram? Nick Perry? Try to get Marinelli to salvage a rotational player out of one of them?
I would love to see something like that. At least we would have a chance of getting something out of the pick. I just think Claiborne lacks the mental toughness for corner in the NFL.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, there it is.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Players only get paid $22k for wildcard games, so Whitehead basically paid 50 bucks to get to play.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom