Stephen A. Smith laughs, can't believe Sean Lee would leave game for busted lip

p1_

DCC 4Life
Stephen A. Smith laughs, can't believe Sean Lee would leave game for busted lip

Published: 30 September 2015 05:11 PM
Updated: 01 October 2015 12:11 AM

Sean Lee has proven to be the Cowboys' best player on the field this season.

The Cowboys were hurt when he he missed 10 plays in the third quarter on Sunday in the loss to the Atlanta Falcons.

Lee split his lip bad enough early in the third quarter that the Dallas weakside linebacker headed to the locker room for stitches. He finished with a game-high 10 tackles, a sack and two quarterback hits.

ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless found it strange that Lee left the game.

Said Smith on First Take: "This is football, and Sean Lee is gone for a busted lip? (laughs) You can't make this up."

Bayless: "I thought he would stay there in the game."

Smith: "Really? Really? Stich it up. And go in there when they are on offense."

Bayless: "Just Swallow it. Just play."

Smith, to Bayless: "It's just funny to me. The Dallas Cowboys will find a way. You lost the game yesterday to some degree because Sean Lee decided to leave the game, for what you said was critical stretches, for a busted lip. This is unbelievable to me."

Smith continued on his rant: "You know in your heart of hearts and that suspect secondary, you know the Cowboys getting ran on like that by Devonta Freeman, and Julio Jones doing what he wanted to do when he wanted to, abusing the Dallas Cowboys. ... It's hilarious to me, because you got Joseph Randle, It's nice to see him in something football-related as opposed to stealing draws. He looked spectactular. It's beautiful to see him in the news for football-related matters as opposed to issues at department stores."

Bayless began the segment wallowing over the Cowboys' loss.

Said Bayless: "I'm still pretty shook up from what I saw in the second half. My confidence is shaken but not broken because I still believe my cowboys can win the NFC East because I don't trust any of those three other teams enough to say, 'Oh, we're in big trouble.' I didn't like what I saw on the first half, I flat out loved it which is why I went from all time elation to deflation.

(The Cowboys') "offensive line, which got its tails kicked all the way back into the locker room by the Atlanta defense. Minus-four yards rushing the second half? This team can be terrible at home but I thought on the first half that I liked what I saw. So I'm not going to give up. My glass is barely half full.

~~~~~~~~~~

line up behind me for turns at kicking Smith's ass....hate that douche. He's one person that can make me support Bayless, a guy I normally hate.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to leave at least until they can get the bleeding stopped. Not sure you can just stick a band-aid on it and then go in there and sling your nasty ass blood all over everyone. Also, those guys are a joke, just say anything to get a reaction. I pay them no attention.

dallen

Senior Tech
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to leave at least until they can get the bleeding stopped. Not sure you can just stick a band-aid on it and then go in there and sling your nasty ass blood all over everyone. Also, those guys are a joke, just say anything to get a reaction. I pay them no attention.
I know the NBA has that rule. It would make sense for the NFL to have something similar

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
According to Mike Pereira, no the NFL does not have rule regarding cuts/blood... but IHO, needs one. I agree with him.

townsend

Banned
Lee is a football player who's played injured most of his career. Smith and Bayless are clowns with no purpose on this planet, and wouldn't be missed if they both died tomorrow. If Lee thinks he needs to go to the sidelines, than he needs to go to the sidelines.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wotta dumbass.

Top Bottom