Wildcard Saturday Chatter | Cardinals at Panthers & Ravens at Steelers | 12/3/2015

data

Forbes #1
Common sense here, but I think this postseason is the most pivotal 1-4 games of Romo's career. Not to be taken lightly.

If Romo suffers another 'choke 'loss, even if it's in the Super Bowl, this could hammer the 'Danny White' nail into his coffin. On the flipside, a spectacular postseason could vault him to potential HOF discussion.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:towel

Cotton

Staff member
I think this postseason is the most pivotal 1-4 games of Romo's career. Not to be taken lightly.

If Romo suffers another 'choke 'loss, even if it's in the Super Bowl, this could hammer the 'Danny White' nail into his coffin. On the flipside, a spectacular postseason could vault him to potential HOF discussion.
Yep, and it could go either way, but damn I have never seen him look this good consistently over an entire season. It's like he's playing on fresh legs with a fresh arm. Not sure if it's just the lower workload or he feels invigorated by not having the full stress of winning square on his shoulders.

Cotton

Staff member
Now, [MENTION=15]pdom[/MENTION], what was the question you asked in the "stuff" thread?

Cotton

Staff member
Just can't believe the weekend is finally here. I have been wishing away what's left of my holiday break just to get to tomorrow. That's how dedicated to this team I am. #FINISHTHEFIGHT :towel

Cotton

Staff member
I see a lot of people have read this thread and not posted. Unacceptable.

Booze will ban you. Don't test him.

data

Forbes #1
If you could pick just one of the following as the strongest correlation to victory tomorrow, which would it be:

Demarco over 100 rushing yards, Dez over 100 receiving yards or Romo with 0 INTs.

data

Forbes #1
Someone's gonna have to explain the "#wedemboyz" thing that Cowboys fans seem to have adopted. I don't get it.

Cotton

Staff member
If you could pick just one of the following as the strongest correlation to victory tomorrow, which would it be:

Demarco over 100 rushing yards, Dez over 100 receiving yards or Romo with 0 INTs.
0 INTs from Romo. If Romo is on, we win this game regardless of what they do to Murray.

data

Forbes #1

[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]

I actually will go with Dez for 100 receiving yards. While Demarco rushing for 100 yards is important, I think Dez going over 100 yards equals points to make the defense pay for stacking the box.

Demarco could go for 100+, but it may not translate into TDs or points.

Cotton

Staff member
Someone's gonna have to explain the "#wedemboyz" thing that Cowboys fans seem to have adopted. I don't get it.
I think it was just something the players started because of some song or something, and it was picked up by the fans.

Cotton

Staff member
[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]

I actually will go with Dez for 100 receiving yards. While Demarco rushing for 100 yards is important, I think Dez going over 100 yards equals points to make the defense pay for stacking the box.

Demarco could go for 100+, but it may not translate into TDs or points.
I don't know, man. When Romo is on he spreads the ball around well. I don't really care who gets the ball as long as Romo is on target and protecting the ball.

data

Forbes #1
The real question I'd like to ask is how this postseason appearance impacts those fans that have taken the stance to swear off the Cowboys as long as Jerry Jones is GM, such as myself.

Do you now think the Cowboys can win (and win big) with GM Jerry? Are you still clamoring for a Real GM as 100% necessity, or has that tempered to a preference?

Note: This question is different from are you rooting for the Cowboys, as we're all hardcore fans.

Cotton

Staff member

Ace is going to the game with BradieBottleLock. Lulz

Cotton

Staff member
The real question I'd like to ask is how this postseason appearance impacts those fans that have taken the stance to swear off the Cowboys as long as Jerry Jones is GM, such as myself.

Do you now think the Cowboys can win (and win big) with GM Jerry? Are you still clamoring for a Real GM as 100% necessity, or has that tempered to a preference?

Note: This question is different from are you rooting for the Cowboys, as we're all hardcore fans.
I'm going to LT on this one. Let's see how they finish this year, and I will revisit the question.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

0 INTs and it's not even close.

Genghis Khan

I hate Jerry as much as anyone, but I always thought they could win.

He just makes things harder. That hasn't changed.

data

Forbes #1
Random observation. Starting a couple years ago, Cowboys merchandise added an additional white outline to the Star. See the T-shirt #finishthefight as an example.

Our official helmet Star ends with a blue outline.

Genghis Khan

Common sense here, but I think this postseason is the most pivotal 1-4 games of Romo's career. Not to be taken lightly.

I tentatively disagree.

I think, assuming they don't eff it up they have a 3 or 4 year window right now.

Top Bottom