Machota: Ron Leary doesn't plan on splitting time Sunday against Atlanta

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ron Leary doesn't plan on splitting time Sunday against Atlanta

Jerry Jones "really liked" the way rookie left guard La'el Collins played Sunday in Philadelphia. In fact, the Cowboys owner and general manager said Collins was so good that he has earned "real playing time" this Sunday regardless of Ron Leary's availability.

"He was aggressive," Jones said on 105.3 The Fan's Shan and RJ show [KRLD-FM]. "He played hard. I think with the way he played [Sunday], La'el has earned, to quote his coach, he's earned the right to step in there and get playing time."

Collins split reps with veteran Mackenzy Bernadeau at left guard Sunday because Leary was sidelined with a strained groin. Leary, who has started 32 of the Cowboys' last 34 games, expects to play Sunday against Atlanta. And he isn't planning on splitting time with anyone.

"For me? Nah. Nah," Leary said. "I'm not coming out for no series."

Leary wanted to play against the Eagles, however, the team's training staff didn't want him aggravating the injury.

"They didn't want me to have a setback," he said. "It was a smart decision."
-------------

Pick your starter and roll. The OL is not a place to go messing with chemistry and continuity.

Collins or Leary, pick a guy.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Pick your starter and roll. The OL is not a place to go messing with chemistry and continuity.

Collins or Leary, pick a guy.
Yeah something was way off this last week with all the penalties and sloppy play.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Horrid. Let Leary play and be done with it. Let the rook learn for a year and replace him next year but quit jacking with crap just becaus eyou think you need to!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Horrid. Let Leary play and be done with it. Let the rook learn for a year and replace him next year but quit jacking with crap just becaus eyou think you need to!
I would settle with picking one guy. Rotating guards sounds insane.

dallen

Senior Tech
"He was aggressive," Jones said on 105.3 The Fan's Shan and RJ show [KRLD-FM]. "He played hard. I think with the way he played [Sunday], La'el has earned, to quote his coach, he's earned the right to step in there and get playing time."
Jerry really has learned hasn't he?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I would settle with picking one guy. Rotating guards sounds insane.
Jerry's talking about Bernadeau, I think. Essentially moving Collins would be moving from 4th string to 3rd string. Both played last week and if Leary can't go or re-aggravates mid game this week it should be Collins who plays, not Bernadeau.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jerry's talking about Bernadeau, I think. Essentially moving Collins would be moving from 4th string to 3rd string. Both played last week and if Leary can't go or re-aggravates mid game this week it should be Collins who plays, not Bernadeau.
Depends on who is active Berny is still the backup at 3 places.

Top Bottom