Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

:towel
Unfortunately, Romo is 1k yards and 16 TDs shy of Brady's output that year.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Melton and Free's options won't be picked up which will free up a ton of cap space. I'd tell Carr to take a pay cut or be cut. Those moves should provide us the cap space we need.

I'm not counting on Claiborne for much next year, I'm torn if we should just cut him to save cap or keep him around for one last year to see if he can provide some type of help.
As much as I'd like to cut him, it makes sense to let him try to be a contributor since his salary is guaranteed. I'd ship him for a conditional 7th to anyone who would take him though.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
As much as I'd like to cut him, it makes sense to let him try to be a contributor since his salary is guaranteed. I'd ship him for a conditional 7th to anyone who would take him though.
Doubt you have any takers on a guy with a bad contract that you would have to take over and you know the team is going to cut him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
WGAS? I would much rather him have these two stats versus the yardage stat. He has stacked up yardage stats his whole career and look where that has gotten us.

D

Deuce

WGAS? I would much rather him have these two stats versus the yardage stat. He has stacked up yardage stats his whole career and look where that has gotten us.
I'll take the extra 16 TDs over yards per attempt bullshit.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, I agree, but I will take the 70% passing over having a ton of yards.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Not unfortunate I think in retrospect. Over-dependence on Brady and the passing game cost the Patriots the championship and an undefeated season. The Giants pinned their ears back in the Superbowl.

If you look at that game statistically, it's almost identical to the Cowboys' retarded Green Bay loss in 2013 in how the Pats pathologically avoided running the ball. They were never down in that game by more than a TD.

Ridiculous Passing Stats leads to offensive arrogance leads to avoidance of the running game leads to poor TOP leads to DL pinned ears leads to total fail, suffering, and the dark side of your opponents ass.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yards per attempt and completion percentage show more about what a QB is able to with his opportunities. They disregard the number of attempts a QB has, field position and other factors. TDs on the other hand are a far more fluky statistic because some QBs are just going to have far more opportunities for TD passes then other QBs.

D

Deuce

How many rushing TD s did they get? The total team scoring output is what isimportant.
I didn't look up rushing stats, but they were 1st in the NFL in totale scoring at 36.8 points per game. This years Dallas team averaged 29.2.

Cotton

Staff member
How many rushing TD s did they get? The total team scoring output is what isimportant.
17. We only had one more this year. That team just scored a crap ton of points.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I think you keep him. If he's ever going to be anything, it will be in a contract year. Might as well get what we can, and it hopefully helps us resist going CB early.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Dallas enjoyed a nice balance of run and pass this year. Even if the stats don't show it, this was clearly his best season.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
17. We only had one more this year. That team just scored a crap ton of points.
They had Moss and Welker in very complimentary roles.

And an overdependence on those two really hurt them in the Superbowl.

D

Deuce

They had Moss and Welker in very complimentary roles.

And an overdependence on those two really hurt them in the Superbowl.
An overdependnce on them is what started them 18-0 and led the league in scoring. That isn't what lost them the Super Bowl. What lost the game is the OL's inability to handle the rush.

And even vent after all that, they had a lead and it took a ridiculous catch by Tyree to keep a game winning drive alive.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
An overdependnce on them is what started them 18-0 and led the league in scoring. That isn't what lost them the Super Bowl. What lost the game is the OL's inability to handle the rush.

And even vent after all that, they had a lead and it took a ridiculous catch by Tyree to keep a game winning drive alive.
They lost efficiency as the weather turned and teams accumulated film on them.

In that game their Run/Pass ratio was as bad as Dallas was vs Green Bay in 2013, so I'd say that stat alone proves their offensive arrogance very much killed them because they were a far superior team than the Giants and should never have lost.

When you pass that much, the DL can pin its ears back and put your OL on its heels. However if you mix in the run-- even an ineffective run-- the DL has to take a moment to sniff out run/pass, and in that moment the OL gains a huge edge.

Passing that much played to the strongest part of the Giants' team, their pass rush. The only reason they did it was they thought their passing game was better than anything the NFL had ever seen. They were fools to think it would never catch up to them.

A run/pass balance is an edge the Cowboys have certainly exploited this season, one we ignored vs. Green Bay last year, and one that definitely cost the Patriots that Superbowl.

D

Deuce

They lost efficiency as the weather turned and teams accumulated film on them.

In that game their Run/Pass ratio was as bad as Dallas was vs Green Bay in 2013, so I'd say that stat alone proves their offensive arrogance very much killed them because they were a far superior team than the Giants and should never have lost.

When you pass that much, the DL can pin its ears back and put your OL on its heels. However if you mix in the run-- even an ineffective run-- the DL has to take a moment to sniff out run/pass, and in that moment the OL gains a huge edge.

Passing that much played to the strongest part of the Giants' team, their pass rush. The only reason they did it was they thought their passing game was better than anything the NFL had ever seen. They were fools to think it would never catch up to them.

A run/pass balance is an edge the Cowboys have certainly exploited this season, one we ignored vs. Green Bay last year, and one that definitely cost the Patriots that Superbowl.
They played to their own strengths to...and it worked until a miracle with 1 minute left in the game.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yards per attempt and completion percentage show more about what a QB is able to with his opportunities. They disregard the number of attempts a QB has, field position and other factors. TDs on the other hand are a far more fluky statistic because some QBs are just going to have far more opportunities for TD passes then other QBs.
Yep. Yards per attempt may be the single most important stat for a QB.

Cotton

Staff member

Yeah, you're reading that right. :towel

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom