Week 16 Gameday Chatter | Colts vs. Cowboys | 12/21/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Rodgers has been a bit gimpy, if we play them in freezing temperatures and he's not 100% we have a shot.
Oh I absolutely want Green Bay in Green Bay for the NFC Championship. Starting with Vick's win at Lambeau in 2002, the Packers are 3-5 at home in the playoffs.

And this offense is built for cold weather.

D

Deuce

Oh I absolutely want Green Bay in Green Bay for the NFC Championship. Starting with Vick's win at Lambeau in 2002, the Packers are 3-5 at home in the playoffs.

And this offense is built for cold weather.
But this defense isn't build to withstand Jordy Nelson, Randal Cobb, Davante Adams, etc.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Same thoughts here. Romo has exceeded all expectations, supported by a dominant line that looks eerily good and reminiscent of the one that protected Aikman and opened holes for Emmitt. I have never been so happy to be so wrong about how I thought a season would unfold.

Also, the defense has seemed to play better as the season has gone on, but we do need talent on the line. Crawford looks great, but Lawrence was a no show yesterday. I probably missed it, but I would guess that lots of people have had to reconsider their original eval of the Hitchens pick. He has been a real find for us.
He consistently makes plays.

All in all, we seem to have moved through the December funk and be playing our best football at the right time.

Merry Christmas Dallas fans. It's our time.
I still hold out hope for Lawrence, 2 years ago, and even last year people were ready to write Crawford off and now he's our best DL. Both from Boise St., both a bit raw coming out and Lawrence missed all of training camp, the first 8 games and even had another minor injury a few weeks ago. I've seen some things from Lawrence that show promise, especially in the running game. I doubt he is ever an elite, 12-14 sack DE but I think he will develop into a starter for us next year if he can stay healthy.

As for Hitchens, he's been a revelation really, and not because of the fortuitous pick. He's been strong against the run, great instincts and he seems to have pretty good sideline to sideline speed. He's probably a guy you can pencil in as a starter for us next year and be comfortable. Re-sign Durant on the cheap, and McClain of course, and we have a pretty solid LB corps.

D

Deuce

I still hold out hope for Lawrence, 2 years ago, and even last year people were ready to write Crawford off and now he's our best DL. Both from Boise St., both a bit raw coming out and Lawrence missed all of training camp, the first 8 games and even had another minor injury a few weeks ago. I've seen some things from Lawrence that show promise, especially in the running game. I doubt he is ever an elite, 12-14 sack DE but I think he will develop into a starter for us next year if he can stay healthy.

As for Hitchens, he's been a revelation really, and not because of the fortuitous pick. He's been strong against the run, great instincts and he seems to have pretty good sideline to sideline speed. He's probably a guy you can pencil in as a starter for us next year and be comfortable. Re-sign Durant on the cheap, and McClain of course, and we have a pretty solid LB corps.
Absolutely on Hitchens. Grab another LB late for depth and ST and work on that DL.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I know that I'm a huge Homer when it comes to Tony Romo. But it truly is a shame that he won't win MVP.

Phil Simms was talking about Garrett's bid for Coach of the Year yesterday and how he probably won't get it. He said that because so many naysayers in the media have been waiting for the other shoe to drop and hasn't really given him credit all year, there is no way that they go back on everything they've been saying and vote him in as COTY.

I think the same can be said for Romo. There have been so many naysayers ever since he fumbled that snap in Seattle. All they have focused on is the negatives.

He outperformed Peyton Manning last year and they want to focus on his int. Has he had bad games? You bet. But so has every other high caliber QB in the league. Even Tom Brady had a 4 int game against a horrid Bills team a few years back. But everytime Romo has a bad game (like the one in Philly), everyone starts labeling him.

This is why he won't get MVP.

Even this year, when he has played nearly flawless when we needed him most, the pundits are giving credit to Murray. Now I have no problems with Murray, but if we had to start the playoffs tomorrow without one or the other, who would you choose? Romo or Murray?

That's what should decide who your MVP is.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Romo honestly should win MVP considering the slight drop Rodgers has had the past 2 games. Now, if Rodgers comes out and throws 4 TD's against the Lions to win the division that changes things, but right now Romo leads the league in completion % and YPA (which is completely ridiculous to do both at the same time), while having one of the best TD:INT ratios, despite all of the back problems and such.

And he's been at his best these past 3 games when we absolutely needed to win.

data

Forbes #1
Plus, the team looked like absolute shit the one game romo missed.

Going 0-2 solidified emmitts mvp campaign back in 1993.

data

Forbes #1
The sad truth is that romo won't win an mvp unless they reach the super bowl.

Romo's media legacy is that he's a regular season stat compiler. This season's performance doesn't change that

kidd

DCC 4Life
Plus, the team looked like absolute shit the one game romo missed.

Going 0-2 solidified emmitts mvp campaign back in 1993.
Yep

That's why I think he deserves MVP.

Had Weeden been able to pull out a win against AZ, I may feel a little different. Even Garrett was able to win a Thanksgiving game for us against the Packers when Troy was out. But Lassick couldn't get us a win in the 1st 2 games of the season.

As I said before, who would you rather start the Playoffs without?

Carp

DCC 4Life

The layoff definitely hurt Lawrence. He has no moves outside of just getting up the field quick. He needs to work on a swim move and spin move. He'll need to bulk up for the swim to be effective. Those are things he can learn and make a big step forward.

Agree on LB...initially I wanted one in the first 3 rounds, but with Hitchens stepping up, Lee coming back...then possibly Durant and a pick we are set. That is one of the best in the league if healthy.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Maybe somebody can embed these. I couldn't.

Pretty cool videos.

[video]http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2014/12/14/finishthefight[/video]

[video]http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2014/12/19/finishthefight-tony-romo[/video]

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It is good too see that Garrett has grown as a manager. I honestly don't blame him for being a control freak and trying to do very thing himself. He felt he needed to make every decision with little input. That is the mark of many young managers. He pulled a Frozen on us and let it go finally. He clearly is ridged and lacks creativity. He freezes up when it comes to pressure situations only to fall back on what he has scripted. Outside of the script his robot self tends to fumble at times.

I've personally never hated Garrett as much as some of you. He is probably the perfect coach for us here. He is a Cowboy loyal that can follow orders enough from Jerry and work around his enormous ego. He has preached a consistent message while having the fortitude to stick to the script. He counterbalances Jerry's extremism and overreacting to very thing. Garrett has mixed in some creatives and a few badasses that has resulted in a good mix for now. There is no doubt that Jerry is disfunctual. He needs a red headed step child to work for him to make it happen. Only a Garrett type or Parcells type will work.

I'm happy with the results. Every good team needs good chemistry on the coaching staff. I get the idea that Garrett respect the DC enough to let him go for it. I also get the idea that Garrett communicates well with the OC. Obviously Garrett wanted a better OL...he struck gold. Call it luck, jerry forced him or whatever. The bottom line is that Garrett was there when it happened and at least had a little to do with all of it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That game felt like a 90s game. The Colts will was broken early and it just carried throughout the game. One thing that stuck out was when McClain slammed Wayne to the ground and he just looked defeated. I mean McClain gave a little extra on that and I expected Wayne to at least push him, but nothing. They were legit scared.

Carp

DCC 4Life

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The Colts had 10 carries for 1 yard yesterday.

For a 3.6 inch per carry average.

:towel

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think after this game, loading the box to stop Murray and 'making Romo beat you' doesn't look that attractive to our upcoming opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom