Davison: Joseph Randle wants a 100-yard rushing game

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Joseph Randle wants a 100-yard rushing game

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

Joseph Randle has made a conscious effort to avoid saying anything headline worthy ever since his “meat on the bone” comments about DeMarco Murray became a national story in May.

Randle stayed true to that when he met with reporters Thursday, but acknowledged he has been looking forward to this Sunday’s Eagles game in Philadelphia “for a long time” and would like to have a memorable game individually.

That means reaching the 100-yard rushing mark for the first time in his career, something that Murray accomplished 12 times in the regular season last year.

“I hate to be a little selfish, but I still haven’t had a 100-yard game yet,” Randle said. “So it’s a lot of things I have to focus on with my game and helping this team win.”

Randle accumulated 107 total yards of offense in the season-opening win against the New York Giants, gaining 65 yards on the ground and another 42 receiving. It’s the first time he’s done that.

But that isn’t the same as a 100-yard rushing game, in Randle’s mind.

For now, though, Randle is simply focused on doing what is necessary to put himself in position for that 100-yard game.

“Right now, I’m just trying to focus on me and perfecting my game, which I’ve been doing every day out there in practice and trying to make sure I’m the best Joe Randle on Sunday that I can be,” Randle said. “That’s my main focus. It’s not really about stats, the stats will come with execution for everybody on our team. We’ve got a void to fill this week, and we’re going to do our best to do that.”

Top Bottom