Gameday Chatter Thread | Week 1, 2015 Season | Giants at Cowboys | 9/13/2015

data

Forbes #1
:lol

NFLN reports that RGIII was playing scout team safety during practice this past week.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The last time Phil started a chatter thread, we lost. :flip

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
:lol

NFLN reports that RGIII was playing scout team safety during practice this past week.
Sounds like they're fully committed to humbling him.

1bigfan13

Staff member

I forgot about him blowing of McNabb's offer to advise. :lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Are you ready for some football?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Let's do this.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm leaning towards picking the Bills over the Colts in Pick 'em this week.

I think the Bills talented defense playing in front of a frenzied Bills' fan-base could be enough to pull off the upset.

Plus I don't think Gore is going to be as good for the Colts as a lot of people are expecting him to be. So I'm thinking Luck will be in a lot of 3rd and long situations today which will allow that strong Bills pass rush to have a big day.

Cotton

Staff member
For those that have him on a team, Malcolm Floyd is inactive this week.

Cotton

Staff member
Tre Mason also inactive.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm leaning towards picking the Bills over the Colts in Pick 'em this week.

I think the Bills talented defense playing in front of a frenzied Bills' fan-base could be enough to pull off the upset.

Plus I don't think Gore is going to be as good for the Colts as a lot of people are expecting him to be. So I'm thinking Luck will be in a lot of 3rd and long situations today which will allow that strong Bills pass rush to have a big day.
I just don't trust their QB enough to pick them against a very good team.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:flairfigurefour

Cotton

Staff member
Pondering Cowboys' options on 46-man roster

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas -- During the course of a season it can be easy to come up with a 46-man gameday roster. Injuries and the rhythm of the season can make the inactives an easy thing to figure. Week 1 of a regular season, however, is not one of those times.

There are so many variations that coaches can go through that make it hard to predict.

Let’s talk about the Dallas Cowboys' options for tonight’s opener against the New York Giants: Four tailbacks, five receivers, four tight ends, eight offensive linemen, nine defensive linemen.

At least early, it is hard to see how the Cowboys get Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden, Lance Dunbar and Christine Michael to the game. There isn’t enough snaps for all of them, and Michael just won’t know enough of the offense to make it worth having him in a role.

Some eyebrows were raised when the Cowboys kept fullback Tyler Clutts and four tight ends. As with the tailbacks, it’s almost impossible to get all five active for a game. If they can't get a fourth tight end to the game, should they have kept Geoff Swaim on the 53-man roster? If they can’t take a fullback to the game, should they have kept Clutts?

The Cowboys liked what Lucky Whitehead did in the preseason at receiver and in the return game, but will he reprise those roles in the regular season or do they go with Devin Street? In terms of snaps, Whitehead might be able to do more than Street, who has been slowed with an ankle injury.

The Cowboys have liked to dress seven offensive linemen on game day with a backup guard/center and tackle. If they continue that route, then Mackenzy Bernadeau and Darrion Weems would be in those roles Sunday. But what about La'el Collins? He could be on the outside looking in.

The Cowboys were wise to keep as many defensive linemen as they did. Finding them is difficult, but they can’t get them all to the game. Rookie Ryan Russell will have time to develop in practice. The final spot comes down to Ken Bishop and Davon Coleman. Bishop is the bigger run defender. Coleman is the better pass rusher. Pass rush always trumps run defender.

So as you ponder the 46-man roster, here is the guess at tonight’s inactives: Michael, Jordan Mills, Collins, Street, Bishop, Russell and Swaim.

data

Forbes #1
Woah...Ric Flair gif?

I'm not responsible for this shit. Giants 31 Cowboys 27

1bigfan13

Staff member
Jay Glazer said Arlen Spencer attempted to strong arm him to obtain Glazer's copy of the "Spygate" video. :lol

F'ing Eagles homer. RIP ~solemn head bow~

Top Bottom