Cowboys & Broncos talking trade for Ball?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I heard this morning that Ball was in danger of being cut by the Broncos so I immediately wondered if the Cowboys would make a play for him. He has really not looked good at the NFL level but I'd send as high as a 5th round pick for him as a gamble. He is signed through 2016.

Really curious to see what happens if they do trade for him. Do they cut the fullback and carry 4 RBs at first, assuming one of their current RBs will be hurt soon?

Last edited:

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
I thought Ball showed flashes his rookie year, but last season he looked atrocious. I'd give up no more than a 5th.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I wouldn't give shit for that dub.

Let them cut him and then put in a waiver claim.

If you get him, fine.

If not, fine.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd be all for it assuming the pick is late.
Yeah I would think a late conditional type pick would get the job done. If he becomes a big time player for us then make it a fifth. If he sucks and does nothing they get a sixth or seventh.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Conditional 5th? Fine if he gets 1000 yards, but just throwing a 5th for the guy is dumb.

Remember, it looks like we snagged a player in the 5th this year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Conditional 5th? Fine if he gets 1000 yards, but just throwing a 5th for the guy is dumb.

True, don't just throw those picks away.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

That's why I'd do a conditional pick. I like Ball but with this offensive line he sure as hell better produce if I'm giving up a serious pick for him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
so that means we are trading for him

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mike Fisher, isn't this the guy who routinely is wrong? If we are in trade discussions I don't mind this type of a tweet

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
so that means we are trading for him
Mike Fisher, isn't this the guy who routinely is wrong? If we are in trade discussions I don't mind this type of a tweet

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
But Clarence Hill is saying the same thing, no trade for Ball.
I'd imagine Hill's tweet was where he got that from, most of Fishers "inside info" is posted well after some other local reporter tweets the same thing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not up in arms either way to be honest. I like Ball but I'm also a fan of Randle and think he will put up good rushing numbers this year. Again if the Cowboys are interested in Ball I'd be thrilled that they are playing it cool. You don't want every NFL team knowing how in love with him you are. That would be a horrible strategy and leads to giving up too much in a trade.

townsend

Banned
If Ball got released, it's not like Dallas would have any trouble signing him. Even if they were interested I think Dallas would just let this play out. A guy getting cut coming with a legit chance at good playing time, and possibly starting after an injury or two, behind the best line in the league. Why bother paying for something you can dig out of the trash?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Ball got released, it's not like Dallas would have any trouble signing him. Even if they were interested I think Dallas would just let this play out. A guy getting cut coming with a legit chance at good playing time, and possibly starting after an injury or two, behind the best line in the league. Why bother paying for something you can dig out of the trash?
The waiver wire and the fact that someone else would probably put in a claim.

Top Bottom