The Cuts/Signings Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This. We don't need to go after "names" we need to go after guys who still have a full tank of gas, even if their talent level isn't stellar.
And who are these young players that will be able to fill the criteria? I want a guy who can run the ball and move the chains.

Chances of finding an available player who can do that well are pretty slim. We aren't the only team in need of running help.

My question is the pathological aversion we have to adding talented veterans looking to latch on to a contender for a big win.

If they can do the job, what's the harm?

It doesn't matter if they are young or not.

Dunbar is young. He still sucks donkey dicks.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And who are these young players that will be able to fill the criteria? I want a guy who can run the ball and move the chains.

Chances of finding an available player who can do that well are pretty slim. We aren't the only team in need of running help.

My question is the pathological aversion we have to adding talented veterans looking to latch on to a contender for a big win.

If they can do the job, what's the harm?

It doesn't matter if they are young or not.

Dunbar is young. He still sucks donkey dicks.
Correct.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:tippytoe

Jiggyfly

Banned
Escobar has been on STs since we drafted him, has he not?
Not coverage teams?

So what's your point?

Swaim had so many plays because they were trying him out, they already know what Dunbar can do, plus he was done playing by half time so number of ST snaps in a preseason game is meaningless.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not coverage teams?

So what's your point?

Swaim had so many plays because they were trying him out, they already know what Dunbar can do, plus he was done playing by half time so number of ST snaps in a preseason game is meaningless.
I actually meant 2nd TE, in Escobar. Not sure why I typed 3rd initially.

Jiggyfly

Banned
My thing is if we haven't been using McCray, why the eff did we sign him?

I honestly can't even recall seeing him playing defense in trash time. Has he even suited up?
He has played a lot of snaps at safety especially against SF, I was wondering why he was getting so much run.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

:tippytoe
Yes, and I think Richardson is pretty useless.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He has played a lot of snaps at safety especially against SF, I was wondering why he was getting so much run.
I see.

I have to admit...this is about as little as I have paid attention to preseason games in a long time. I used to hang onto the games until the bitter end, trying to figure out what each piece of shit scrub was doing.

Now, I don't care.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Trent Richardson is one of the worst NFL RBs I've ever seen, and that includes random schlubs that get preseason action. He's slow as molasses and his vision is worse than my blind grandmother's.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Trent Richardson is one of the worst NFL RBs I've ever seen, and that includes random schlubs that get preseason action. He's slow as molasses and his vision is worse than my blind grandmother's.
And I'd still be desperate enough to take him, just because he's a big guy who can absorb some carries and give us a chance at short yardage situations.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
anyone who is suggesting we try out Trent Richardson hasn't been paying attention to how horrible he is. This would be up there with the Ryan Leaf signing

dallen

Senior Tech
anyone who is suggesting we try out Trent Richardson hasn't been paying attention to how horrible he is. This would be up there with the Ryan Leaf signing
When your other options are Quincy Carter or Chad Hutchinson the idea that Ryan Leaf might be an upgrade isn't a crazy one. Richardson might be able to give us a short yardage back.

dallen

Senior Tech

Ball would be a much better choice if we can get him for a late round pick. Maybe a 7th that could rise to a 6th based on playing time?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Richardson is definitely a short yardage back because that's all you are going to get.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Don't think you are going to see any movement toward another RB until after the season starts even if then. If the current group remains healthy thats who will be in place at the season opener. Only if one of them goes down will you see any movement regarding this position. It has been crystal clear since Murray was cut loose and McFadden was acquired how the organization was planning.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Richardson is definitely a short yardage back because that's all you are going to get.
Jesus I'll take Gus Johnson over Richardson. I'm glad some of you guys aren't running the Cowboys.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Ball would be a much better choice if we can get him for a late round pick. Maybe a 7th that could rise to a 6th based on playing time?
I liked Ball coming out of Wisconsin. I thought he would put up excellent numbers for the Broncos. That one is a bit of a head scratcher to me. We do employ similar blocking concepts to what he did at Wisconsin though. I'd give him a serious look.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jesus I'll take Gus Johnson over Richardson. I'm glad some of you guys aren't running the Cowboys.
That wasn't an endorsement by me . I don't want any part of Richardson. I guess my sarcasm didn't come out as well as I had hoped.

Top Bottom