The Cuts/Signings Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Rich Cimini
ESPN Staff Writer

The Jets cut 12 players to pare the roster to 78. Released: CB Javier Arenas, T James Brewer, CB Curtis Brown, C Dalton Freeman, WR TJ Graham, WR Saalim Hakim, WR Austin Hill, LB Bryan Johnson, TE Matt LaCosse, CB Keith Lewis and WR DeVier Posey.
--------

Adam Teicher
ESPN Staff Writer

No surprises among first 11 Chiefs cuts: WRs L'Damian Washington, Kenny Cook, Jeret Smith; OLs Anthony Dima, Marcus Reed, Charles Tuaau; TE Adam Schiltz; DL Vaughn Martin; CBs Aaron Hester, Kenneth Perry; LS Andrew East

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dante Fowler officially on injured reserve as Jags drop to 75 players

Posted by Josh Alper on August 30, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT

The Jaguars didn’t need to wait until Tuesday’s deadline to set their 75-man roster.

The team made their moves on Saturday, a day after facing the Lions in their third preseason game of the year. One of the moves is something we’ve been anticipating since their rookie minicamp in May.

Defensive end and third overall pick Dante Fowler tore his ACL at the first practice of that minicamp, but has remained on the active roster because any earlier attempts to put him on injured reserve would have required Fowler to go through waivers. The team also placed tackle Josh Wells on injured reserve and waived/injured wide receiver Greg Jenkins.

Quarterback Jeff Tuel, cornerback Tommie Campbell and wide receiver Tandon Doss are probably the best-known names among the 12 players waived by Jacksonville. Linebacker Mister Alexander, defensive end Camaron Beard, offensive lineman Cody Booth, safety Desmond Cooper, defensive tackle Eric Crume, linebacker Khairi Fortt, tight end Connor Hamlett, kicker/punter Kasey Redfern and offensive lineman Jack Rummells were also dropped from the roster.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Carolina Panthers

Cuts: OT Tony Hills, WR Paul Browning, WR Avius Capers, DE Steve Miller, LB Kevin Reddick, TE Dallas Walker, FB Lee Ward, P Matt Wile
========

Tennessee Titans

Cuts: LB Nate Askew, CB Will Brown, LB Dezmond Johnson, WR Tebucky Jones, WR Deon Long, DE Derrick Lott, G Justin McCray, K Mike Meyer, LB Chaz Sutton, C Fernando Velasco

Jiggyfly

Banned
Carolina Panthers

Cuts: OT Tony Hills, WR Paul Browning, WR Avius Capers, DE Steve Miller, LB Kevin Reddick, TE Dallas Walker, FB Lee Ward, P Matt Wile
========

Tennessee Titans

Cuts: LB Nate Askew, CB Will Brown, LB Dezmond Johnson, WR Tebucky Jones, WR Deon Long, DE Derrick Lott, G Justin McCray, K Mike Meyer, LB Chaz Sutton, C Fernando Velasco
Dam is he still trying to play?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Atlanta Falcons

Cuts: LB Boris Anyama, WR Marquez Clark, RB Michael Ford, WR John Harris, DT Warren Herring, NT Derrick Hopkins, OT Matt Huffer, CB Michael Lee, G Eric Lefeld, LB Terrell Manning, DE Sam Meredith, C Valerian Ume-Ezeoke
=======
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Cuts: RB Dominique Brown, DT Quayshawne Buckley, OL Antoine Everett, LS Brandon Hartson, FB Joey Iosefa, S Kimario McFadden, P Karl Schmitz, CB Al-Hajj Shabazz, DE George Uko, DE Jamal Young

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I was surprised to Sean Hill was still playing and he was holding his own.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Chicago Bears cut veteran cornerback Tim Jennings

By Jeremy Bergman NFL.com
Published: Aug. 30, 2015 at 06:21 p.m.
Updated: Aug. 30, 2015 at 06:32 p.m.

It's cut season around the NFL, and one veteran cornerback fell victim to a notable release Sunday.

The Chicago Bears have informed cornerback Tim Jennings that he's been released, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the team's plans. ESPN first reported the news.

"Once the whole regime came in and everybody was here, I kind of knew," Jennings told Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune. "But they also gave me a heads up and told me I would be out there competing for a job. I had my best years here. I made two Pro Bowls. I played some good football. I had some ups and downs with injuries but for me, this is where I played my best football."

"They told me they were going to go younger," Jennings added, regarding the Bears' reasoning for the release. He added that he is looking forward to finding his next team.

Jennings played five seasons in Chicago, recording 16 interceptions, including a career-high nine in 2012. However, the nine-year veteran was coming off an off year, during which he played a full 16-game slate without a pick. To make matters worse, Jennings was arrested on charges of speeding, reckless driving and driving under the influence in January. He also underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in the offseason.

For what it's worth, Jennings was ranked as the 25th best cornerback in 2014 by Pro Football Focus. Though he's far better in the run game than in coverage, according to PFF's grading, he can still start in this league and shouldn't have a hard time finding a new landing spot.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Jennings is worth a look with Scandrick out for the year. With the way he played yesterday (and his history, of course), I have zero confidence in Mo Claiborne as a starting CB.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Miami Dolphins

Cuts: DT Calvin Barnett, G Bryant Browning, WR LaRon Byrd, WR Kevin Cone, DE Ray Drew, WR Tyler McDonald, DE Kendall Montgomery, TE Gerell Robinson, CB Sammy Seamster, S Phillip Thomas, C/G J.D. Walton

===========

Minnesota Vikings

Cuts: RB Joe Banyard, TE Brandon Bostick, CB Jalil Carter, CB Justin Coleman, WR DaVaris Daniels, T Stephen Goodin, LB Josh Kaddu, WR Jordan Leslie, DE Caesar Rayford, DT Chrishon Rose, CB DeMarcus Van Dyke

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
The Indianapolis Colts got a jump on Tuesday’s mandatory roster cuts when they waived 11 players and placed another on injury reserved Sunday

There weren’t any surprises on today’s list.

CB Johnny Adams

CB Allen Chapman

G Danous Estenor

DT Kellen Heard

P/K Brandon McManus

RB Davin Meggett

LB C.O. Prime

C Rick Schmeig

S Ashante Williams

WR Maurice Williams

CB Teddy Williams

OLB Lawrence Sidbury was placed injured reserve. He injured his shoulder in the Aug. 18 game against the New York Giants.

Cotton

Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
The Indianapolis Colts got a jump on Tuesday’s mandatory roster cuts when they waived 11 players and placed another on injury reserved Sunday

There weren’t any surprises on today’s list.

CB Johnny Adams

CB Allen Chapman

G Danous Estenor

DT Kellen Heard

P/K Brandon McManus

RB Davin Meggett

LB C.O. Prime

C Rick Schmeig

S Ashante Williams

WR Maurice Williams

CB Teddy Williams

OLB Lawrence Sidbury was placed injured reserve. He injured his shoulder in the Aug. 18 game against the New York Giants.
Dam is he still trying to play?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I will say it. Despite age and injury concerns I am that desperate I want to give him a shot.

Cotton

Staff member
I will say it. Despite age and injury concerns I am that desperate I want to give him a shot.
I absolutely would make that phone call.

Top Bottom