The Great Police Work Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
Let's be honest here Jiggs, the very premise of this thread started with a sarcastic title and a vid of a cop being dumb. 98% of what everyone in this forum writes about when it pertains to PD is something they have done or people think they have done wrong. I have made an assumption about your opinions based on positions you and I have conversed about over the years here in these threads. While I would love to meet you and get to know you better, that opportunity has not presented itself. Maybe I was overstating things with what I said about police, but tell me please, When has there ever come a topic involving race and law enforcement or a legal issue come up here where you ever had the patience to say like I have multiple times, we need to see the totality of the evidence before we can make an informed decision.
I don't believe you to be like Jeebs who just seems to have a blind hatred for us and those type of people are out there and one of the reasons we behave so distrustingly sometimes. ( look up the sovereign citizen police shooting video)
With your 0-60 remark, you are painting with a broad brush. I command over 75 officers in the traffic division right now and not one of them has that mentality. I won't say it doesn't exist, but those are the type of officers we need to get rid of. Those that can't control their temper or not make an issue with a person they are arresting peopple. I can honestly tell you I have had people thank me for the respect and treatment I gave them after we just had a fight for me to get them into custody. It can be done.
Lastly, some departments already have what you are talking about but I don't see it a nationwide thing because departments value their autonomy too much. We have no centralized police force and it'll never happen here. Many times there is a questionable shooting the Justice Department already looks into separately and even more so since Holder has been in AG, but sadly, his motives are political not really justice motivated. I truly believe he and Obama wished the Wilson thing was a bad shooting so they could prosecute him in a show trial. I'll never believe of either of those two their motives were actually justice. I saddens me to say that BTW.
We have only had 2 major disagreements about Obama gaying up the schools and the Trayvon case.

And even in the Trayvon case I mostly stated that I just wanted to see him go to trial after I had calmed down from the initial shock.

I have always thought these things were never black and white meaning there is a level of uncertainty that could go either way, my biggest issue has always been the willingness of many to give the law enforcement or Zimmerman the benefit of every doubt.

You are the one with the strong biases as shown in your conspriacy theory of Obama wishing to prosecute Wilson in a show trial, that makes zero sense because he can still have the same trial if he is so hell bent to do so.

Federaly there is nothing stopping him from doing so as was the case in the Trayvon shooting yet there were no charges brought, so it seems your theory of what Obama and Holders motives are seem to be only in your head.

Why are you so hell bent on believing things that cannot be backed up with actual facts?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I thought the Cleveland airgun shooting was justified (due to how realistic those guns are) until I saw the video. The officer arrives and the kid is falling over within three ticks. No way he gave multiple commands to comply as he originally claimed. At least the department is going to be open to a large civil suit after what has come out about his previous record.

As an aside though, how about making sure your kid isn't out at the park aiming air guns at people. Jesus.

The Garner death I blame mostly on stupid NY taxes and laws. The officer applied too much pressure, but his intent wasn't to kill the guy. They have a special cigarette strike force for crying out loud.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I thought the Cleveland airgun shooting was justified (due to how realistic those guns are) until I saw the video. The officer arrives and the kid is falling over within three ticks. No way he gave multiple commands to comply as he originally claimed. At least the department is going to be open to a large civil suit after what has come out about his previous record.

As an aside though, how about making sure your kid isn't out at the park aiming air guns at people. Jesus.

The Garner death I blame mostly on stupid NY taxes and laws. The officer applied too much pressure, but his intent wasn't to kill the guy. They have a special cigarette strike force for crying out loud.
Just about every kid that has had a pellett gun has done just this and where in that video did you see him pointing a gun at anybody?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Just about every kid that has had a pellett gun has done just this and where in that video did you see him pointing a gun at anybody?
The caller told dispatch that there's a kid in the park pointing a gun at everyone and scaring the crap out of people. He acknowledged that it was "probably fake," though.

And I never pointed a pellet gun at anybody in my life, because my dad demanded I never be a little shit when it came to guns, but that's irrelevant. Watch your kids.

Here's the part where you say: "so in your mind this kid deserved to die and his parents are to blame?" So, before you say that, no.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The caller told dispatch that there's a kid in the park pointing a gun at everyone and scaring the crap out of people. He acknowledged that it was "probably fake," though.

And I never pointed a pellet gun at anybody in my life, because my dad demanded I never be a little shit when it came to guns, but that's irrelevant. Watch your kids.

Here's the part where you say: "so in your mind this kid deserved to die and his parents are to blame?" So, before you say that, no.
If I had wanted to say that I would have said it in the last post, you really need to stop trying to put words in my mouth.

I have never had a issue with posting what I exactly mean, you have become quite sensitive lately.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
We have only had 2 major disagreements about Obama gaying up the schools and the Trayvon case.

And even in the Trayvon case I mostly stated that I just wanted to see him go to trial after I had calmed down from the initial shock.
This may be, but it some time and there was a lot of banter back and forth before it got to the point you calmed down.

I have always thought these things were never black and white meaning there is a level of uncertainty that could go either way, my biggest issue has always been the willingness of many to give the law enforcement or Zimmerman the benefit of every doubt.
Maybe my mind is getting foggy in my old age, but I thought there was a lot of bemoaning that it would have been handled differently if either race were different. That whole thing was the same as Ferguson. Woe is me,a little innocent black boy got shot by a white guy and no one cares. Again, even after all the facts came out at the time people of color still didn't want to hear it. Every life lost is a tragedy, be we all determine our own fate and usually have a role in what happens to us, not always, but in these cases we usually do.

You are the one with the strong biases as shown in your conspriacy theory of Obama wishing to prosecute Wilson in a show trial, that makes zero sense because he can still have the same trial if he is so hell bent to do so.
You are absolutely right I do. I used to think he was just a bad president, but the longer he is there the more I see he is absolutely destructive. I think if he and Holder thought they could do it and get by with rigging it so Wilson would be convicted he would. I think he is out of control and believe we have a congress that is cowardly and afraid to reign in his unconstitutional behavior. This last Executive order I think will be overturned by the courts, if not, it should be. He is the president and he is supposed to uphold the Constitution, not overlook it because it suits him and his minions. If it was so important to him to change immigration the right way he should have concentrated on it when he had both houses. Every race is that he has chosen to publicize by sending Holder, or disregard because it involved minorities (Black Panther poling thing) or make a point to involve himself in (Cop and professor thing) he has been on the wrong side of. Now all this stuff coming out about his signature policy and how he lied over and over again along with those he was in cahoots with. Even Dems who supported the thing are saying it should not have been passed in the way it was. So tell me, I've only cited a few examples but do you hold him accountable as being wrong in any of these or am I just being conspiratorial?

Federaly there is nothing stopping him from doing so as was the case in the Trayvon shooting yet there were no charges brought, so it seems your theory of what Obama and Holders motives are seem to be only in your head.
Why are you so hell bent on believing things that cannot be backed up with actual facts?
The facts are that every time he chooses to insert himself into one of these things before the "facts" are gathered and presented, he somewhat taints things. He is suppose to be the chief law enforcement officer of the land yet whenever it is something that can stoke up flames of division and discourse he does it versus the right thing. Remember the Trayvon could be my son thing?
But before i go on this understand, my differences with the president aren't because he is black. One of them is because of how he choses to use being black when it suits him to foment rather than to heal. The rest of my differences with him are how he has agendas that are personal or party affiliated and uses Holder and others to achieve them rather than doing what is best for the country and it's entirety. And any president of any color that has done what he has would garner my opposition and dislike as well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If I had wanted to say that I would have said it in the last post, you really need to stop trying to put words in my mouth.

I have never had a issue with posting what I exactly mean, you have become quite sensitive lately.
And here lately you have become quite adept at telling everyone else what they have become lately.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As for the NY cope that killed Garner with the choke hold, I know the grand jury voted not to indict but you have to think the family has a very strong civil case that they can probably win against the city and the officer that put Garner in the choke hold.

Obviously I'm no attorney but a wrongful death civil suit seems like a no-brainer. Especially since the cop used an illegal choke hold.
That's true but sometimes a civil award of even 1 million dollars doesn't make up for the loss of their son or father. On top of that the officer isn't going to be the one footing that bill. The only way to really punish the officer himself is with a criminal law suit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Was it a pellet gun or an air gun because these can be 2 very different things?

Cotton

Staff member
I thought both were air guns. One has a cylinder for pressure and another you pump manually to achieve pressure.
I'm sure he meant airsoft gun. They are different from a traditional air-driven gun love a CO2 style pellet or BB gun.

Jiggyfly

Banned
And any president of any color that has done what he has would garner my opposition and dislike as well.
And this is where you lose all credibility because if you actually research presidential history nothing he has done is without precedent.

Cotton

Staff member
And this is where you lose all credibility because if you actually research presidential history nothing he has done is without precedent.
Obamacare had a precedent? Please enlighten us.

Top Bottom