2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That is exactly what it is, but the Big 12 didn't have a leg to stand on by telling them no. aTm did because they had other options, but schools like TT and Baylor had to go along with it because Texas knows they could've walked from the Big 12 and been just fine. Big 10, ACC or (at the time) Big East would have all taken them and their exclusive network deal and been happy as hell.

BYU was trying to pull the same stuff with the Big East/American conferences due to their exclusive rights deal with ESPN. They wouldn't back down so the conferences passed. Same reason why they won't be a fit for the Big 12 when they expand.
Did I mention I hate UT? Those fags suck.

Honestly, UT held the Big 12 together by their greed. They would rather have a weak ass conference and have everyone as their bitch instead of making the conference as legit as it could be.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
DirectTV has SEC Network for no additional charge. FTW.
Yeah, I don't even know. I don't watch either network and I have Direct TV. Without looking it up I couldn't tell you what channel it is on.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
There are some rumors (only rumors) that David Gibbs might be the next Tech DC. A little smoke from some folks in the know.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There are some rumors (only rumors) that David Gibbs might be the next Tech DC. A little smoke from some folks in the know.
What happened to Mike Smith?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What happened to Mike Smith?
He is the interim DC. He hasn't been hired. Kliff decided to look at candidates before he made a move. It still could be Mike Smith but not before a look around.

Cotton

Staff member
He is the interim DC. He hasn't been hired. Kliff decided to look at candidates before he made a move. It still could be Mike Smith but not before a look around.
oic

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What is even going on with that network? I can honestly say I don't know where the channel is or if they even have shown games on it.
It is a crap channel that shows about 3 or 4 football games a season.

After that, the rest of the programming is total crap.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By comparison here are the deals:

in 2013 UT netted 3.98 million from the Longhorn Network.

In the same year EACH SEC team took in 28 million from the SEC Network.

What a load of crap.
Yeah the Big 10 Network paid out like 25 mil to each team.

D

Deuce

Did I mention I hate UT? Those fags suck.

Honestly, UT held the Big 12 together by their greed. They would rather have a weak ass conference and have everyone as their bitch instead of making the conference as legit as it could be.
Can you blame them? If it were them at the top instead of TCU or Baylor, they would be a guarentee playoff team based on who they are. They know that so they have little interest in making their schedule harder.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Can you blame them? If it were them at the top instead of TCU or Baylor, they would be a guarentee playoff team based on who they are. They know that so they have little interest in making their schedule harder.
Yes I can blame them. The Big 12 is a great deal weaker. The conference was on shaky ground at one time and will become unstable again in the future. Anytime you have and unbalance of power that great things will shift eventually. They are basically cannibalizing their own conference. The Pac 12 doesn't play that crap. They have revenue sharing and a real conference network.

They aren't trying to make their schedule easier, they are just greedy enough to hold onto things that hurt their own.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Doesn't each school get a vote in the big 12? Can't they vote to disallow the Longhorn Network and establish a Big 12 network?

Cotton

Staff member
Doesn't each school get a vote in the big 12? Can't they vote to disallow the Longhorn Network and establish a Big 12 network?
Good luck with that. UT has the Big 12 by the short hairs.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
They got more from who?
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. The Big 12 members got 23 million each last year excluding the two new members. Tcu and WVU got 14 million each as part of their phase I'm program.

Conferences that have networks have better negotiating position. Obviously our crap conference has the Big 12 and then we have the longhorn network

D

Deuce

[MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION] rejoices as Paul Johnson gets a 4 year extension.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Texas Tech's DL coach resigned today. That tells me that Mike Smith or someone else is bringing in their own guys. Or at least the DL coach.

Still rumors about David Gibbs but I don't know if it is true.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Disappointed Missouri isn't making much of a game of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom