Virginia TV reporter, photographer killed in shooting during live interview

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Virginia TV reporter, photographer killed in shooting during live interview

(CNN)A manhunt is underway for a gunman who fatally shot a local news reporter and photographer on live television during an interview outside Moneta, Virginia, on Wednesday morning.

Alison Parker was interviewing a woman at approximately 6:45 a.m. when shots rang out. Both women screamed.

As the camera fell to the ground, the audience caught the briefest glimpse of a man who appeared to pointing a gun toward the downed cameraman.

The station cut away to a shocked anchor, Kimberly McBroom, back in the studio.

Parker, 24, and Adam Ward, 27, were killed in the shooting at Bridgewater Plaza near Moneta, the station reported later.

The woman being interviewed, Vicki Gardner, executive director of the Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce, was shot in the back and is in surgery, said Barb Nocera, the chamber's special projects manager said.

The gunman is believed to have fired six or seven times, WDBJ General Manager Jeff Marks said.

He remains on the loose. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is participating in the manhunt, while the ATF and FBI are participating in the investigation. Area schools are on lockdown.

Authorities know the identity of the man believed to be the shooter, a law enforcement official told CNN.

Video at https://news.vice.com/article/reporter-and-cameraman-killed-in-virginia-during-live-tv-broadcast.

Cotton

Staff member
Such a sad and depressing fucking world we live in.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Supposedly, this is the guy that shot them, and he claimed on twitter that the reporter had made racist comments. Presumably when he still worked there. He also apparently video taped himself shooting them and posted it on his twitter account. Twitter has now suspended his account. How fucking sick do you have to be to not only do something like this but record yourself doing it and post it on the internet?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Supposedly, this is the guy that shot them, and he claimed on twitter that the reporter had made racist comments. Presumably when he still worked there. He also apparently video taped himself shooting them and posted it on his twitter account. Twitter has now suspended his account. How fucking sick do you have to be to not only do something like this but record yourself doing it and post it on the internet?
If that is the case—if he has been that brash and open about it— you can pretty much bet he is prepared to off himself before he is apprehended. Motherfucker will probably take the easy way out (yes, I know a lot of people believe he will go to "hell" if he kills himself but I am not among those people).

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You forgot to mention the savings on trial expense.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Seeing a few reports he has killed himself, also he apparently faxed a manifesto to ABC News last night that they have turned over to authorities

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I saw his twitter and FB before they were taken down. Didn't watch the video up to where he shot the people, though. No thanks.

I'm with E-D. Sucks that the sick bastard got off easy by offing himself.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Better that than if he had done a suicide by cop. Then the black lives matter people and some of the people here would have been all up in arms. :tippytoe

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
They're saying he's still alive. He shot himself but as of now he still has a pulse.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You forgot to mention the savings on trial expense.
Yep. Despite all the video evidence and social media confessions, if he were to go to trial it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a trial of this nature drag on for 3 years.

Cotton

Staff member
They're saying he's still alive. He shot himself but as of now he still has a pulse.
Good. I hope that motherfucker suffers for as long as possible.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
That shooting happened less and an hour from where I live. I heard about it on the radio this morning and watched the video thinking the TV crew just happened to be on the air at the time of a shooting in the area. Didn't realize til after seeing the video that they were the targets.
Too bad he couldn't have just began the day be offing himself.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Better that than if he had done a suicide by cop. Then the black lives matter people and some of the people here would have been all up in arms. :tippytoe
You really think Black lives matter people would condone his actions?

Talk about going way out on a limb to push a point.:picard

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep. Despite all the video evidence and social media confessions, if he were to go to trial it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a trial of this nature drag on for 3 years.
Not only that but the state will now have to nurse him back to health first if he is still alive.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He's dead.

The shooter was a professional victim who had been run off of two television jobs -- MEDIA OUTLETS, bastions of liberalism and political correctness -- after getting into multiple conflicts with employees at both stops, accusing them of racism because he was black and bigotry because he was gay. Each time the stations found that the complaints were completely unfounded and had to let him go because he couldn't get along with anyone.

Then the shooting in SC "pushed him over the edge" and this was his twisted way of making things right.

In other words, the guy was a fucking paranoid schizophrenic who saw enemies and hostility and bigotry everywhere, even where it didn't exist (which is most of the time). Too bad all those people don't kill themselves.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Deray of #BlackLivesMatter fame posted this when he thought the shooter was white, then hastily removed it when it was revealed he was black.

Top Bottom