2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

I actually like the hire. He's a known talent developer and Nebraska needs someone who can take a 3 star QB and get him to play like a 4 or 5. They aren't going to get the naturally talented kids to come there.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sure, but my point was that Pelini went on a rant about Husker fans...so not sure how this relates.
Well I guess it relates because you brought up the part about the fans who were bashing. Or maybe Pelini who was bashing fans. Or maybe I misread.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I actually like the hire. He's a known talent developer and Nebraska needs someone who can take a 3 star QB and get him to play like a 4 or 5. They aren't going to get the naturally talented kids to come there.
I thought they were struggling recruiting wise. They really aren't. It seems that they have been competing well and pulling in good talent for a while.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The defense has been bad and developing a QB is way down the list for Husker fans. They crave a running game behind a big OL and a legit D. Not saying Riley is Callahan, but there are some similarities...and it did not work before.

D

Deuce

The defense has been bad and developing a QB is way down the list for Husker fans. They crave a running game behind a big OL and a legit D. Not saying Riley is Callahan, but there are some similarities...and it did not work before.
Unfortunately, that's an old school football mentality that very few coaches still believe in. At least they got a guy who runs a pro style offense and not the spread which I'm sure they hated.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Nebraska would have been better off keeping Pelini.

Jiggyfly

Banned
:buddy

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
How many damn hail Mary's have we had in college football this year?

That's supposed to be like a once every 20 year play, and we've had like 3 or 4 of them this year alone.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
David Beaty will be the nect Kansas head coach. He is aTm's best recruiter.

Their OC will probably take the Tulsa HC job.

Their D coordinator is fired as well.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
SMU hires Bill Young as their DC. Damn, they are building a good staff there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom