Week 2 Preseason Chatter Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Will leave this here for now, since our game isn't until later this weekend.

Couple of games on tonight...Redskins/Lions and Browns/Bills.

So far, just some observations...

I wonder is if Rex is serious about starting Tyrod Taylor. The guy is a good preseason run around QB, but he will get eaten alive in the regular season.

RGIII still sucks.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Rg3 is getting killed out there according to twitter, he's being examined for a concussion currently

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Posted this in the other thread:

On the 2nd play of this game Brandon Scherff just got forklifted about 6 yards into the backfield in about .8 seconds, giving up a sack/FF.

Next Zack Martin tho.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
After the RGIII injury, the Redskins do a quick reeval and decide to send out McCoy instead of Cousins... lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:towel

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Posted this in the other thread:

On the 2nd play of this game Brandon Scherff just got forklifted about 6 yards into the backfield in about .8 seconds, giving up a sack/FF.

Next Zack Martin tho.
That might be one of the worst picks ever for where he was selected. Wonder how Leonard Williams is doing? I haven't checked into that at all.

Also, that "Cleveland" on front of the Browns' jersey is so cheap and cheesy looking, like a bad college team. Freaking Nike.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
christ, that was fast. they've never deleted my pre-season vids before. assholes.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Just saw some of the NYJ-ATL preseason game on NFLN. The Jets are an absolute trainwreck.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just saw some of the NYJ-ATL preseason game on NFLN. The Jets are an absolute trainwreck.
Yeah, that was crazy. Some dipshit fullback from the Falcons running around and then Hankerson looking like a star.

There is talent on that team, but something is going on behind the scenes. Maybe the Geno thing was a big deal, but those guys look like a 0-15 club waiting for the season to end. This should be a time where the reserves and fringe players are playing hard. Even that is not happening. I thought Bowles would be able to handle things but apparently not.

It just goes to show you that you can get the talent, but that does not mean you have a team.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yeah, that was crazy. Some dipshit fullback from the Falcons running around and then Hankerson looking like a star.

There is talent on that team, but something is going on behind the scenes. Maybe the Geno thing was a big deal, but those guys look like a 0-15 club waiting for the season to end.
From what I saw tonight & last week I labeled them a 2-win team myself. Bowles may be one and done. It's happened before.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Chiefs/Seahawks game appears to be the only show in town tonight.

As an aside, it is super cool Eric Berry has made it back. That's awesome.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
From what I saw tonight & last week I labeled them a 2-win team myself. Bowles may be one and done. It's happened before.
Yeah, that could happen.

But there is a lot of talent on D with that team. How can you lose 12-14 games with that?

Oh yeah, by hiring Chan Gailey to run your offense when you have a defensive minded head coach.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The KC and Sea DLs are dominating the game so far.

If the Cowboys DL can generate this kind of pressure.....Super Bowl? :unsure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The KC and Sea DLs are dominating the game so far.

If the Cowboys DL can generate this kind of pressure.....Super Bowl? :unsure
That might be the vision in Jones' head. We have more guys that is for sure.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I know it's only preseason but Michael Bennett is having a great game. He's destroyed Laurent-Duvernay most of the night.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I know it's only preseason but Michael Bennett is having a great game. He's destroyed Laurent-Duvernay most of the night.
Well, he should. That guy is really raw. He practically tackled Charles on a screen earlier.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ravens/Eagles starting in 5 mins on NFLN.

Top Bottom