Week 12 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Giants | 11/23/2014

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I wasn't around for the chatter last night (family in town) but that game has to be one of the worst ref'ed games I've seen in a while. Its obvious there was some Giants bias going on.

The PI call on Carr was BS, at the very most it should have been a holding call. Even Deion Sanders said its hard to call PI on the CB when he's slung 5 yards out of bounds.

I also fully expected to see Collinsworth fellating Beckham at the 50 yard line after the game. I mean...I get it...a tremendous catch. But holy shit....he went on and on about it for 2 quarters.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This play is great in so many ways up front. First you will see that both OT's just totally stalemate their DEs. The other part of this that is great is the interior. Look at the 2 DTs. They are both still back at the line of scrimmage because the interior of our O-line is so strong that they don't give up an inch. Especially Leary who is just killing his guy all by himself.
Leary owned his guy. He has been such an awesome surprise for me. I guess I just never expected anything because he was one of Jerry's pets.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was so cool in the pocket last night on that final drive.

I know he had all day to throw, but just the way he was confident back there and totally composed was great. I hope we get into the playoffs because I'd love to see him get a playoff win or two.

He deserves it.
It's really easy as a QB even with perfect protection to get antsy and throw the ball. Romo never did. On that last TD pass it would have been really easy for Romo to throw it short when Dez's initial route was covered well. Instead Romo just kind of sat there and waited for things to happen.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Leary owned his guy. He has been such an awesome surprise for me. I guess I just never expected anything because he was one of Jerry's pets.
The man is just so stout and strong. It's amazing how powerful the interior of our O-line is right now and yet they can all get out and block in space down field really well.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd probably cry like a baby if we pulled that off somehow, but I can't see us getting that far with this defense.

I think I'd consider this a successful season with a playoff appearance and a playoff win. That to me would be fulfilling this particular team's potential.

Anything more than that would be icing on the cake.

townsend

Banned
I'd probably cry like a baby if we pulled that off somehow, but I can't see us getting that far with this defense.

I think I'd consider this a successful season with a playoff appearance and a playoff win. That to me would be fulfilling this particular team's potential.

Anything more than that would be icing on the cake.
I wouldn't say we should be favored, but I think we have a puncher's chance. We have the right attitude and I think we could come in like a 2011 Giants team, especially considering our tendency to play better on the road, and the fact that our running game makes us a good cold weather team.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Heath broke his thumb and will have to have surgery on it. No timetable set for return. :towel
Don't celebrate that too hard. It's not like he was seeing the field much on defense, and we need him with the Eagles coming up, for special teams.

GShock

DCC 4Life
It's really easy as a QB even with perfect protection to get antsy and throw the ball. Romo never did. On that last TD pass it would have been really easy for Romo to throw it short when Dez's initial route was covered well. Instead Romo just kind of sat there and waited for things to happen.
Especially there, where the temptation had to be to a double-covered Witten, and the pump was to a well-covered Beasley. Finally went where Dez was getting it, or no one was.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'd much rather see Jakar Hamilton on the field.
And, it's not even close. Heath is garbage. I hope he breaks his arm on his way to get surgery done on his finger.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And, it's not even close. Heath is garbage. I hope he breaks his arm on his way to get surgery done on his finger.
Heath on defense is just a plain train wreck. When we saw him play extensively in garbage time this year he was abused over and over again. I could accept that if he was a good tackler but he is horrible at tackling. I don't profess to know how he is on special teams but he isn't even our best special teams safety and I can't imagine Hamilton would be that significant of a step down on special teams coverage units.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I kept watching, but it had bad loss written all over it and I didn't think they'd overcome it.
I couldn't have felt any more opposite to this. I felt we would march right down and score. I expected it to happen just like it did. Minus
the incredible pass pro displayed. That was a thing of beauty.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah. Scoring on the last drive was not a worry for me. They always have in those situations. It was the holding the team from scoring with less than a minute that always gets us. Until last night.

p1_

DCC 4Life
... and yet they can all get out and block in space down field really well.
This play demonstrated the convoy of beer trucks moving in space like gazelles:

10:46) 9-T.Romo pass short right to 25-L.Dunbar pushed ob at NYG 7 for 26 yards (21-D.Rodgers-Cromartie).

It was beautiful.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Did yall notice Romo on one play..... he took the snap, did a 5 step drop, pulled out his cell phone, ordered a Pizza from Papa Johns, put his phone away, then completed a pass to Dez for about 20 yards. We almost got to him on that play...... if he had just held onto the ball another 2 or 3 minutes, I think we would have sacked him.
From a Giants board.

The protection on that last drive was a thing of beauty.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Leary jumped off the screen last night...dude is strong. I was pushing for Bernadeau at the start of TC too.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Leary jumped off the screen last night...dude is strong. I was pushing for Bernadeau at the start of TC too.
At one point they were similar players. Leary has really made a huge jump, though that's not surprising I suppose, for a second year starter.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I remember saying at the beginning of the year that if Leary couldn't take over the starting role this season it may be time to move on... He has really stepped up and been solid all season. I'm very glad he took the spot and never looked back.

Top Bottom