ESPN: DeMarco Murray tells of move from Cowboys to Eagles

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Obviously that didn't affect his pro career. Oklahoma had spread offense and an average to poor offensive line. They were geared to protect Bradford. It wasn't a run oriented team like when Petersen was there.
Nope not at all. Just tends to highlight how unpredictable college RBs could be. Bodes well for a guy like Randle...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nope not at all. Just tends to highlight how unpredictable college RBs could be. Bodes well for a guy like Randle...
Yeah. I like Randle. I watched his career also. He won't be as durable as Murray but used properly he will be very effective.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah. I like Randle. I watched his career also. He won't be as durable as Murray but used properly he will be very effective.
Who ever thought Murray would be durable? We were all holding our breath for him getting hurt last year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was. In fact, booze was pissed telling me I was wrong and threatening to ban me. :art
:cry

You know it was not about that specifically, but honest here.

It was what we do on draft day.

You find a way to piss me off and we butt heads.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I dont think it has to just be draft day.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Maybe I should have posted two art smilies.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I dunno if blue chip RB is a need. Not a frequent staple of Super Bowl teams.

QB, OL, DL, DB seem to be where Super Bowl champs pick their blue chips.
I don't think it's necessary to have a blue chip RB. But there is an option between the two extremes of drafting a blue chip or relying on day 3/undrafted FA's/reclamation projects.

Maybe our gamble on avg or worse RB's behind a greal OL will pay off, but I have my doubts. If not then I hope we try to upgrade next offseason with a RB on day 2 and/or a quality FA.

townsend

Banned
I don't think it's necessary to have a blue chip RB. But there is an option between the two extremes of drafting a blue chip or relying on day 3/undrafted FA's/reclamation projects.

Maybe our gamble on avg or worse RB's behind a greal OL will pay off, but I have my doubts. If not then I hope we try to upgrade next offseason with a RB on day 2 and/or a quality FA.
Not endorsing the Cowboys ignoring the position either.

Just saying that teams that have gone all in on franchise backs are not well represented among SB champions.

You're right. Ideally we'd have a mid round guy to compete with Randle, maybe a vet who isn't actually a corpse being dragged around by two slackers in an elaborate hoax.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Just saying that teams that have gone all in on franchise backs are not well represented among SB champions.
This is a good point, but many of those teams content to lean on a franchise back just happen to be stupid-as-shit chronic underachievers.

However you land upon your back, you have to mix the run with the pass and have some semblance of defense.

The one shining example of stupidity has to be the 2006 Chargers losing with Rivers and Tomlinson and HFA to a Patriots team that literally had no chance unless the game was handed to them, which it was.

Dallas has decided to be a run-first team without a reliable, proven RB. IOW they are trying their best to be stupid the other way, because RB is the biggest obstacle to Dallas' being a Superbowl contender.

Late in the season in bad weather when the defenses have tightened up and your beaten-up 500-carry backfield has to come up with 25 more critical carries-- who do you want leading that charge?

townsend

Banned
This is a good point, but many of those teams content to lean on a franchise back just happen to be stupid-as-shit chronic underachievers.

However you land upon your back, you have to mix the run with the pass and have some semblance of defense.

The one shining example of stupidity has to be the 2006 Chargers losing with Rivers and Tomlinson and HFA to a Patriots team that literally had no chance unless the game was handed to them, which it was.

Dallas has decided to be a run-first team without a reliable, proven RB. IOW they are trying their best to be stupid the other way, because RB is the biggest obstacle to Dallas' being a Superbowl contender.

Late in the season in bad weather when the defenses have tightened up and your beaten-up 500-carry backfield has to come up with 25 more critical carries-- who do you want leading that charge?
It's definitely important to acquire a good running back. Several really, a second day pick every other year seems about right.

Top Bottom