JJT: Excited Rolando McClain stops Giants' rally

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Excited Rolando McClain stops Giants' rally
November, 24, 2014

By Jean-Jacques Taylor | ESPNDallas.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Last week, it was pretty easy to tell Rolando McClain's strained groin and whatever other aches and pains he had were starting to heal, because he was in the Dallas Cowboys' locker room smiling a couple of times.

When he’s banged up, you rarely see him in the locker room.

The way McClain played Sunday night left no doubt about his health. McClain, who dressed but didn’t play against Jacksonville, made a season-high 11 tackles against the Giants, including two for losses.

No tackle was bigger than the one he put on Rashad Jennings with the game on the line. On fourth-and-2 from the New York 28, Jennings ran a quick out.

Jennings turned to catch Eli Manning's pass at the 30, but his momentum carried him one step toward the 29. McClain tackled him with perfect pad level and leverage, driving him to the ground.

So did McClain know he had stopped him short of the first down?

"I got up and ran off the field didn’t I?" he said with a smirk. "The defensive line got the pressure, Eli threw the pass and I made the tackle. Isn’t that what a linebacker is supposed to do?

McClain said he was in a good mood all week because he knew he was going to play.

"I was excited to play," he said. "It seemed like a long time since I played, and it felt good to get out there and play with these guys. When you have a bunch of guys fighting together and believing together, it’s fun.

"We don’t worry about anything but playing the next play. We have a great group of players and coaches who are working together. I don’t know what it was like before, but this group is trying to do some things."

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The thing about McClain is when he hits you, you don't get another inch of forward progress. The Giants game is a perfect example of why every inch matters.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
The thing about McClain is when he hits you, you don't get another inch of forward progress. The Giants game is a perfect example of why every inch matters.
That's the first thing i noticed about him in preseason...hes just so big and strong that he gives an added physical presence relative to the rest of our LB corp

lostxn

DCC 4Life
When he hits you, you stay hit.

(-;

Actually he did have a pretty big missed tackle against their RB in the first half I believe. Still, made the play when it counted most.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
When he hits you, you stay hit.

(-;

Actually he did have a pretty big missed tackle against their RB in the first half I believe. Still, made the play when it counted most.
He will miss a tackle here and there which is frustrating but when he hits a guy it's beautiful. It's really too bad he can't play with Sean Lee right now. Those two would fit so well next to each other. Lee almost never misses a tackle but doesn't hit with that type of power. The two guys would compliment each other extremely well.

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
He will miss a tackle here and there which is frustrating but when he hits a guy it's beautiful. It's really too bad he can't play with Sean Lee right now. Those two would fit so well next to each other. Lee almost never misses a tackle but doesn't hit with that type of power. The two guys would compliment each other extremely well.
We might even get to enjoy that combo next year for 4-5 games until Lee goes down for the season... again.

D

Deuce

"We don’t worry about anything but playing the next play. We have a great group of players and coaches who are working together. I don’t know what it was like before, but this group is trying to do some things."
Marinelli Magic.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I have to prop Jerry for this gem. Truly awesome, no doubt.
The single star of this defense. We need more.

vince

Not So New Member
I have to prop Jerry for this gem. Truly awesome, no doubt.
The single star of this defense. We need more.
I wouldn't count Scandrick out as another star on Defense. Barry Church even.

Top Bottom