Must See Movies

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I disagree. You have to look at the franchise as a whole, since, you know, you are comparing the franchises, not the individual movies.

And, yeah, I'm a Carey mark. That's not news.
So we should just splice the two movies together and watch it as one? Pretend they aren't two movies 20 years apart in age?

I don't get that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So we should just splice the two movies together and watch it as one? Pretend they aren't two movies 20 years apart in age?

I don't get that.
You are judging the whole franchise. Not each movie individually. Not sure how that is hard to grasp.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I disagree. You have to look at the franchise as a whole, since, you know, you are comparing the franchises, not the individual movies.

And, yeah, I'm a Carey mark. That's not news.
Couldn't tell from your avatars.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You are judging the whole franchise. Not each movie individually. Not sure how that is hard to grasp.
And how do we judge the whole franchise? Exactly how is that done? Possibly by watching both movies and making a determination based on that? Dur

Cotton

Staff member
And how do we judge the whole franchise? Exactly how is that done? Possibly by watching both movies and making a determination based on that? Dur
So, you're saying that D&D2 was so terrible that it pulled an all-timer down below Anchorman.

Got it.

Anchorman 2 must be friggin amazing.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So, you're saying that D&D2 was so terrible that it pulled an all-timer down below Anchorman.

Got it.

Anchorman 2 must be friggin amazing.
Is that what I said? Hmm interesting how you came up with that. Scroll up and do a little reading.

But yeah, back to the point at hand here. Yes we watch both movies and judge them both to see where they stack up against other franchises. Considering both movies would be a requirement for making a determination.

I am partial to D&D 1. That was an all-timer. Possibly the best ever. Anchorman 1 was right up there but I am a homer for D&D 1. Both are amazing though.

D&D 2 was especially weak, IMO.

Cotton

Staff member
Is that what I said? Hmm interesting how you came up with that. Scroll up and do a little reading.

But yeah, back to the point at hand here. Yes we watch both movies and judge them both to see where they stack up against other franchises. Considering both movies would be a requirement for making a determination.

I am partial to D&D 1. That was an all-timer. Possibly the best ever. Anchorman 1 was right up there but I am a homer for D&D 1. Both are amazing though.

D&D 2 was especially weak, IMO.
I think probably the issue is, I don't think Anchorman 1 is even close to D&D 1. Not even in the same conversation.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think probably the issue is, I don't think Anchorman 1 is even close to D&D 1. Not even in the same conversation.
There certainly is a lot more warm fuzzies and nostalgia involved for me with D&D.

D&D was pure genius. Anchorman was like 95% genius. Farrell is a better individual actor but nothing compares to the chemistry of Carey and what's his name.

Cotton

Staff member
There certainly is a lot more warm fuzzies and nostalgia involved for me with D&D.

D&D was pure genius. Anchorman was like 95% genius. Farrell is a better individual actor but nothing compares to the chemistry of Carey and what's his name.
Nope.

Cotton

Staff member
For pure comedy I have to give the nod to Ferrell.

Carey actually has some versatility.
Which makes Carey the better individual actor. Take a lap.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I saw both Anchorman movies and did not care for the second one at all. Couldnt even finish it. Havent seen Dumb and Dumber 2 and wont until it gets to DVD so that will have to wait. DD will have to really flop to not be better in my mind.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Debate...Anchorman 1/2 vs Dumb and Dumber 1/2.

I go Anchorman.
Not even a contest to me. DND was outstanding, I still struggle with why people think Anchorman was so great.

It was okay, but hardly classic level. Was so unimpressed I never even bothered to watch the second one yet.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Planes Trains and Automobiles is another pretty good one that stands the test of time.
That genre for me...

1. Caddyshack
2. Dumb and Dumber
3. Something About Mary
4. Ghostbusters
5. Stepbrothers

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Not even a contest to me. DND was outstanding, I still struggle with why people think Anchorman was so great.

It was okay, but hardly classic level. Was so unimpressed I never even bothered to watch the second one yet.
I'd recommend watching it again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd recommend watching it again.
I have watched it multiple times.

Good for chuckles, but I seriously don't get the hype as OMG GR8EST EVA.

Brick was awesome, but that was the extent of the awesomeness to me.

I also don't think it was Ferrell's best work for that matter.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That genre for me...

1. Caddyshack
2. Dumb and Dumber
3. Something About Mary
4. Ghostbusters
5. Stepbrothers
I prefer Stripes to Caddyshack...and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is overlooked greatness.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I have watched it multiple times.

Good for chuckles, but I seriously don't get the hype as OMG GR8EST EVA.

Brick was awesome, but that was the extent of the awesomeness to me.

I also don't think it was Ferrell's best work for that matter.
Were you sober ever time?

Top Bottom