Davison: Greg Hardy contributes $300 for Cowboys banner to fly over Eagles camp

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Greg Hardy contributes $300 for Cowboys banner to fly over Eagles camp

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

OXNARD, CALIF.
It hasn’t taken long for Greg Hardy to get involved in the Cowboys-Eagles rivalry.

The controversial defensive end responded to a fans’ request to help pay for a Cowboys-themed banner to be flown over Eagles camp with a $300 donation. The banner will read “WE STILL DEM BOYZ! #SACKSCOMIN!” and is scheduled to fly Aug. 9, according to the GoFundMe page set up by a Cowboys fan.

Hardy suggested what the banner read, as it originally was going to say “✭ WE GOT THE DIVISION ✭”

The GoFundMe page started in response to word that a Philadelphia Eagles fan had set up a GoFundMe page to fly an Eagles-centric banner over Cowboys camp on Aug. 9 during the blue/white scrimmage. That banner, if enough money is raised, will read: “WE HAVE DEMARCO! - Eagles Fans”

As of Saturday morning, the Cowboys’ site had raised well over the $1,350 goal with more than $2,300. The Eagles’ site was a little more than $300 away from reaching its goal of $1,800.

Hardy will not be eligible to play in the first Eagles-Cowboys game of the season, as he will be serving his four-game suspension when the Cowboys travel to Philadelphia in Week 2. However, Hardy and his representatives are still considering going to federal court to have that suspension possibly further reduced or eliminated.

Cotton

Staff member
They are up to $2810 now with the excess money going to the Children's Medical Center in Plano.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Never been a big fan of trash talking, but that is kind of cool, especially with the excess going to a great cause.

Far from the pathetic "We Have DeMarco" crap the Eagles and their obsessed fans are supporting...and not very strong.

Cotton

Staff member
Never been a big fan of trash talking, but that is kind of cool, especially with the excess going to a great cause.

Far from the pathetic "We Have DeMarco" crap the Eagles and their obsessed fans are supporting...and not very strong.
Last I saw they hadn't even gotten enough money together. Did they ever get there?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Last I saw they hadn't even gotten enough money together. Did they ever get there?
Still chipping away at it. If Tebow were a stand up guy he would come off some cash.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What happened to ground zero and being quiet and letting your play do your talking?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Ours should read, "it's ok, 55 years and counting isn't THAT long to wait for a championship."

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

Cotton

Staff member

I'm sorry, but I love the shit out of this.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
What I love is they started it, we already flew ours got some spare change for a good cause and they are still working on getting enough together for theirs

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Wow. This is no joke. The pilot that the Eagles hired to fly their banner over our practice today crashed on take off with the banner and died. Effed up.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Wow. This is no joke. The pilot that the Eagles hired to fly their banner over our practice today crashed on take off with the banner and died. Effed up.
Yea, just saw that on twitter. They really are cursed.

Cotton

Staff member
Holy shit. This is terrible. Rivalries be damned, this is way bigger. Just really terrible news.

townsend

Banned
Yeah, I feel like no one should do this banner stuff ever again now.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, I feel like no one should do this banner stuff ever again now.
Well, it's not like either Cowboys fans or Eagles fans are responsible for this as he was a licensed pilot, but still awful news.

townsend

Banned
Well, it's not like either Cowboys fans or Eagles fans are responsible for this as he was a licensed pilot, but still awful news.
Yeah, I don't blame anyone, but this particular form of shit talking feels a little tainted now.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
New reports are coming out that it was not the plane that the Eagles were going to use, so it appears to be totally unrelated.

Top Bottom