Moore: Jerry - Romo will start Sunday, play 5 more years then become an OC

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys QB Tony Romo will start Sunday, play 5 more years then become an offensive coordinator. So says Jerry Jones
By David Moore dmoore@dallasnews.com
7:26 am on November 6, 2014 | Permalink

Not only does owner Jerry Jones expect Tony Romo to play Sunday, but he expects the quarterback to be around another five years in a Cowboys uniform before going on to pursue a career as an offensive coordinator.

That’s the beauty of Jones. A simple question about the quarterback’s status for the game against Jacksonville eventually leads to Jones mapping out Romo’s future.

Let’s start with today. Romo practiced for the first time since injuring his back 10 days ago in the loss to Washington. Jones believes he will take the field at Wembley Stadium on Sunday.

“I’m anticipating him playing,’’ Jones said. “I have no reason to think that he won’t.

“Anytime he can play, we want him to play. We’re a better team, to be trite, with him playing. There’s no such thing as holding him out and foregoing the potential chance that we win.’’

Later, as Jones spoke about Romo’s attributes, he again dropped the timeframe he expects No. 9 to be around.

“I think Tony Romo has at least five years,’’ Jones said. “I’m planning on him at least five years of playing at a level that would allow us to be a possible contender.’’

Jones believes this is realistic even though Romo has had two back operations and suffered a pair of transverse process fractures in his back since the end of the 2012 season. He goes on to say that Romo’s age (34) is a bigger concern than his back.

“I’m aware of his back,’’ Jones said. “Only God knows what is in store for his back. I’ve seen backs out there that you wouldn’t believe how they look on the MRIs and how they look on X-rays. Those never impacted careers at all.

“There’s a concern that probably doesn’t exceed anything past his age. If you’re concerned about his future, then look at his age and you might say, boy, you need to be thinking about a time when he doesn’t play.

“I don’t look at it much differently than that with his back, because they’ve been three very different types of injuries that have caused him to miss games.’’

Once Romo’s playing career is done, Jones expects him to stay in the game.

“He has aspirations and stated to me of potentially being an offensive coordinator in the NFL when he grows up,’’ Jones said. “He has great ideas and very sound ideas.’’

data

Forbes #1
I wonder if a contract extension is in the works

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I literally want none of those 3 things to be true.
:lol

Definitely not the 2nd and 3rd.

He can't even read a damn DB blitz to save his life and yet he's gonna be an OC?

Riiiiiiight.

Carp

DCC 4Life
7 years down the road, when we fire Garrett, I look forward to Romo being hired before a HC is hired.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
“I’m aware of his back,’’ Jones said. “Only God knows what is in store for his back. I’ve seen backs out there that you wouldn’t believe how they look on the MRIs and how they look on X-rays.
Dr Jones at work again...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
7 years down the road, when we fire Garrett, I look forward to Romo being hired before a HC is hired.
Post of the year.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Dr Jones at work again...
Dr. Jones......misdiagnosing injuries since 1989.

Now here's the million dollar question. When Romo is in a wheelchair at age 40, does he have the legal right to sue Dr. Jones for multiple cases of medical misdiagnosis.

D

Deuce

Dr. Jones......misdiagnosing injuries since 1989.

Now here's the million dollar question. When Romo is in a wheelchair at age 40, does he have the legal right to sue Dr. Jones for multiple cases of medical misdiagnosis.
Not if he wants that OC job he won't.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Hell, we'll be lucky if Romo can go five more weeks, let alone five more years.

Dr. Jones is putting it mildly, it sounds as though he believes he can predict the future. Maybe he should adopt a Jamaican accent, start a call in psychic service and call himself Mr. Jerral. This team is so screwed with this senile twit in charge.

Top Bottom