Week 8 Gameday Chatter | Eagles vs. Cowboys | 10/30/2016

data

Forbes #1
theticket.com mentioning this...up by 10 points, the Eagles forego Sproles, forego Ryan Matthews, forego Barner and hand the ball off to 4th RB Smallwood, who fumbles to Dallas.

Yup, we'd be livid had that be us.

Last edited:

lostxn

DCC 4Life
theticket.com mentioning this...up by 10 points, the Eagles forego Sproles, forego Ryan Matthews, forego Barbre and hand the ball off to 4th RB Smallwood, who fumbles to Dallas.

Yup, we'd be livid had that be us.
They got pass happy as hell up two scores despite running pretty well...

Of course in general they are pass happy as hell...

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
They got pass happy as hell up two scores despite running pretty well...

Of course in general they are pass happy as hell...
Can you really call that being pass happy? It's a shame those little tosses actually count as "passes".

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

p1_

DCC 4Life
Romo is proficient in scrambling and buying time to find an open receiver. He isn't fast but he is quick and elusive. It's his identity.
I think it used to be his identity. He seems to have a different identity of late.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
QB sucks for 3 quarters and goes clutch in 4th & OT.

Some would say this is the Romo-opposite.
Romo's had his fair share of clutch comebacks. I think over a period covering the last 10 years he either leads the league or is near the top of the list of 4th qtr comebacks and 4th qtr QB ratings.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

We must have watched different games. Neither QB was all that great tonight
No kidding.

I guess Glazer is highly impressed with 5 yard passes. Some people are fooled by all high completion percentage. I remember at one point late in the game Wentz was something like 26-32 passing. If you’re reading a stat sheet and you see a QB has completed that number of passes and you haven’t looked at his total passing yards yet, you’d assume that the QB has thrown for over 300 yards. However at that point in the game Wentz had only amassed about 175 yards on those 26 completions.

I guess Glazer and others give him extra credit for not turning the ball over but you need more than that from your passing game if you’re going to consistently win in this league.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess Glazer and others give him extra credit for not turning the ball over but you need more than that from your passing game if you’re going to consistently win in this league.
At one point he had like 3 straight completions for a total of 4 yards. As a defense you'll take that all day long.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
At one point he had like 3 straight completions for a total of 4 yards. As a defense you'll take that all day long.
He was rally off on his quick throws out to the flat.

There were at least 3 instances of him trying to get the ball out quickly to the receiver and instead of threw it low and behind and it resulted in an incomplete or a loss.

That key defensive stand right before we tied the game was helped by a throw that Sean Lee was able to attack 3 yards behind the LOS.

I didn't think Wentz was impressive at all last night.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:towel

So fucking great to wake up to a win over those fucking toolbags.
Did you listen to Josh Ennis by any chance?

That scumbag left Houston to go to Philly and now he's back after getting fired. He hates the Cowboys so it's only natural he's worked in two Cowboys-hating markets.

Can't wait to hear what that douchebag has to say today. :towel

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think Romo would have gotten destroyed physically in a game like this.
It would've been a challenge, for sure.

Romo has always been elusive, but sometime after 2012, he began picking and choosing when he'd fight to keep a play alive and when he'd just give up so as not to receive any physical punishment.

A perfect example of recent Romo doing this despite playing at a high level in 2014 was the Redskins game. He got got hurt in that game as I'm sure you recall and the Redskins came after him that night just as Schwartz came after Dak last night.

Romo might have made them pay a time or two for those blitzes, but considering how much pressure Dak was under, Romo would've also been hit a bit and would've thrown in the towel on some plays that Dak kept alive.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
QB sucks for 3 quarters and goes clutch in 4th & OT.

Some would say this is the Romo-opposite.
Actually it reminds me a lot of what Romo has done.

This might have been the equivalent for Dak as the 2007 Buffalo game was for Romo.

Huge step forward for the young man. Great QB's find ways to win.

I'm not saying it means you forget Romo, but I believe in Dak.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It really is silly that Claiborne hurt himself trying to pick up and run with that ball on that punt.

There was no reason for him to pick that up at all, and the effort he made to do so is what got him hurt.

Mo is playing better, for sure, but he'll just never be one of those bright guys.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Dak needs to spend extra time working with Dez in practice because it's clear that he doesn't have a feel for how to throw him the ball, especially down in the red zone.

Every attempt he's made to get the ball to Dez in the red zone has been a poor effort that didn't give Dez much a chance to make a play.

Even the TD he did complete yesterday was a bit off. That ball needed to be up and toward the back shoulder to Dez, instead it was low and behind.....Dez just made a great catch.

Whether it's high, low, behind, too soft, etc., Dak has shown multiple times that he does not have a good feel for how to throw the ball to Dez. I'm sure it's something that can easily be corrected, but it's clear that it's something they need to work on together.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dak needs to spend extra time working with Dez in practice because it's clear that he doesn't have a feel for how to throw him the ball, especially down in the red zone.

Every attempt he's made to get the ball to Dez in the red zone has been a poor effort that didn't give Dez much a chance to make a play.

Even the TD he did complete yesterday was a bit off. That ball needed to be up and toward the back shoulder to Dez, instead it was low and behind.....Dez just made a great catch.

Whether it's high, low, behind, too soft, etc., Dak has shown multiple times that he does not have a good feel for how to throw the ball to Dez. I'm sure it's something that can easily be corrected, but it's clear that it's something they need to work on together.
I think they might need just a little game time work together.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think they might need just a little game time work together.
They are so not on the same page that I think it requires some staying after practice time as well.

Top Bottom