Election Day Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just to start it.

Not that this election matters a good God damn.

It is just fun to see people say it does.

As an aside, if I were Ron Paul, I'd slap my dumb son silly.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Republicans are gonna take the Senate.

And I like Rand Paul. He's not Ron but he's better than a lot of the other Republican idiots.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
At least that slimy MFer Reid gets knocked off of his perch in The Senate. I can't stand him.

A couple of kind of interesting footnotes. A black man from the south was elected to The Senate for the first time sine The Reconstruction and a young lady from NY will become the youngest woman to ever serve in Congress at the age of 30.

D

Deuce

Just to start it.

Not that this election matters a good God damn.

It is just fun to see people say it does.

As an aside, if I were Ron Paul, I'd slap my dumb son silly.
It mattered me. This stupid state re-elected a weasel at Governor and voted down legalizing pot.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It mattered me. This stupid state re-elected a weasel at Governor and voted down legalizing pot.
Didn't you guys have some demofag as an alternative though?

townsend

Banned
I'm very disappointed in the number of straight ticket voters, it seems so lazy, and frankly it's worse than not voting because it nullifies the votes of people who took the time to research the candidates.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Curious as to how you know the number of 'straight ticket voters' vs those who 'took the time to research the candidates'.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm very disappointed in the number of straight ticket voters, it seems so lazy, and frankly it's worse than not voting because it nullifies the votes of people who took the time to research the candidates.
It's kind of like the people who treat this as some sort of a sporting event like the Democrats lost to the Republicans yesterday. People rooting for a democratic candidate to win a certain state having no actual knowledge of the candidate or what they believe in but instead voting for them because of the party they are affiliated with. It's like where I live, it's common knowledge that if you want to win an elected position in my county and the surrounding counties you have to run as a republican. So what happens is democrats run as republicans. This is exactly why you need to actually evaluate the candidates as opposed to just voting for a party.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's kind of like the people who treat this as some sort of a sporting event like the Democrats lost to the Republicans yesterday. People rooting for a democratic candidate to win a certain state having no actual knowledge of the candidate or what they believe in but instead voting for them because of the party they are affiliated with. It's like where I live, it's common knowledge that if you want to win an elected position in my county and the surrounding counties you have to run as a republican. So what happens is democrats run as republicans. This is exactly why you need to actually evaluate the candidates as opposed to just voting for a party.
Feh. Seems too much like work for most people.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I find that the majority of people are so politically polarized the individuals record is secondary or meaningless.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Feh. Seems too much like work for most people.
Not really. The vast majority are crooks looking to make a crooked living or will soon be corrupted by the system if they aren't.

So why does it really fucking matter who you vote for?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not really. The vast majority are crooks looking to make a crooked living or will soon be corrupted by the system if they aren't.

So why does it really fucking matter who you vote for?
Glad to hear you say that. Would you please vote a straight Republican ticket from now on?

Carl

RIP Brother
I will say again. CA has about 40 million residents; yet we get 2 senate seats. Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, West Virginia, Tennessee, who all voted Republican on Tuesday, each get two. About 30 million people live in those states combined. So 16 senators against two. Change the system.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I will say again. CA has about 40 million residents; yet we get 2 senate seats. Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, West Virginia, Tennessee, who all voted Republican on Tuesday, each get two. About 30 million people live in those states combined. So 16 senators against two. Change the system.
I don't think you understand the design behind our bicameral legislature. What would be the purpose of two Houses of Representatives?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
The reform we actually need is a return to state government-elected senators.

Not sure why I didn't think to post this in the first post, but whatever.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

I don't even know where to start with this. You clearly did not do your educatiom in the U.S.

Carl

RIP Brother
I don't think you understand the design behind our bicameral legislature. What would be the purpose of two Houses of Representatives?
Not sure. I don't mind learning, but can't find a use for the HOR these days. What is the relevance?

Top Bottom