NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Rose has looked to nearly be back to form, he's still fucked up in the head from the injuries though and I doubt he ever becomes the fearless player who would play through injuries that he was before the injuries, at least not in the regular season.

I am tired of all the bullshit though, he's basically like Sean Lee except on a grander scale. One of the worst things in sports is to have an elite player you can never count on due to injury, so for that reason I'd trade Rose if I could get anywhere near fair value, but that's pretty much impossible.

If he stays healthy he's going to be a top 10 player this year though.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Rose has looked to nearly be back to form, he's still fucked up in the head from the injuries though and I doubt he ever becomes the fearless player who would play through injuries that he was before the injuries, at least not in the regular season.

I am tired of all the bullshit though, he's basically like Sean Lee except on a grander scale. One of the worst things in sports is to have an elite player you can never count on due to injury, so for that reason I'd trade Rose if I could get anywhere near fair value, but that's pretty much impossible.

If he stays healthy he's going to be a top 10 player this year though.
Just could not resist the slurpage.:lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Just could not resist the slurpage.:lol
He's averaging 17/3/6 with good %'s in barely 27 minutes of play. Of course it's an extremely small sample size but I expected him to be rusty and improve as the year went along, that's not the case, he's basically playing as good as he was before the ACL tear except in less minutes.

If he stays healthy, he's going to be there.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If he keeps up this pace though I fear he won't be any good in his meetings.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He's averaging 17/3/6 with good %'s in barely 27 minutes of play. Of course it's an extremely small sample size but I expected him to be rusty and improve as the year went along, that's not the case, he's basically playing as good as he was before the ACL tear except in less minutes.

If he stays healthy, he's going to be there.
Why not just let it play out, why the need to proclaim him top 10?

IMO for that team to maximize its potential Rose has to take a step back and share the load.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Rose is an idiot for making those and many other comments he has made since first injuring his knees but I don't think he's as bad as he's being made out to be.

He's more of a dope than a quitter IMO.

D

Deuce

Kind of early in the year for Philly to be tanking the season for the #1 pick.

@BDawsonRivals: Amazing. Sixers broadcast shows team down 73-30 at half. Announcers say the score has been corrected and it's actually 73-29.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
[MENTION=10]Carp[/MENTION] & Tony D

Explain your boys..

Mavs 73
Sixers 29

at halftime.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Looks like pussy boy got hurt again.

Time for a 6 week rest.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Feh. This Bulls team has done the "blitz through the regular season to get the #1 seed" thing. In fact, it may be able to achieve that this year without him, they are so good (comparatively to most of the rest of the East).

I don't have a huge problem with him being extremely cautious right now. The worst thing that could happen would be another season ending injury.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Feh. This Bulls team has done the "blitz through the regular season to get the #1 seed" thing. In fact, it may be able to achieve that this year without him, they are so good (comparatively to most of the rest of the East).

I don't have a huge problem with him being extremely cautious right now. The worst thing that could happen would be another season ending injury.
:lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Yea but Rose needs to get used to playing through these minor things that happen in games. From all indications whatever happened tonight isn't serious, and I don't really mind him sitting out the last minute of a game that we are in control of just to be safe, but what happens if something like this happens in game 3 of a playoff series?

I don't really care about anything aside from being healthy going into the playoffs because one way or the other this will be a top 3 seed in the East, but Rose needs to get used to playing through the minor things at some point.

As an aside, Butler and Gasol look like All-Stars right now, so in all honesty health and LeBron averaging a triple double in a playoff series are probably the only things stopping them from the Finals.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yea but Rose needs to get used to playing through these minor things that happen in games. From all indications whatever happened tonight isn't serious, and I don't really mind him sitting out the last minute of a game that we are in control of just to be safe, but what happens if something like this happens in game 3 of a playoff series?

I don't really care about anything aside from being healthy going into the playoffs because one way or the other this will be a top 3 seed in the East, but Rose needs to get used to playing through the minor things at some point.

As an aside, Butler and Gasol look like All-Stars right now, so in all honesty health and LeBron averaging a triple double in a playoff series are probably the only things stopping them from the Finals.
All jokes and insults aside, this is exactly what Rose has to do.

If he keeps sitting down after every little tweak and keeps taking a game or two off because he's scared, his body is always going to be sensitive to physical stress.

Unless it's something that just doesn't feel right, he needs to man up and keep playing if he ever wants his body to adjust to playing basketball again.

1bigfan13

Staff member
All jokes and insults aside, this is exactly what Rose has to do.

If he keeps sitting down after every little tweak and keeps taking a game or two off because he's scared, his body is always going to be sensitive to physical stress.

Unless it's something that just doesn't feel right, he needs to man up and keep playing if he ever wants his body to adjust to playing basketball again.
If you choose to be a pro athlete you're going to have to play through pain and discomfort. It comes with the job.

By mid-January just about every player is playing through some sort of pain. It's the nature of the beast in NBA basketball, where the seasons are incredibly long and there are a lot of games stacked closely together.

I'm pretty sure Rose knew this when he decided he wanted to play in the NBA.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If you choose to be a pro athlete you're going to have to play through pain and discomfort. It comes with the job.

By mid-January just about every player is playing through some sort of pain. It's the nature of the beast in NBA basketball, where the seasons are incredibly long and there are a lot of games stacked closely together.

I'm pretty sure Rose knew this when he decided he wanted to play in the NBA.
It just goes to show you how mentally weak he is.

Looks like he was a big talker about sacrifice when everything was going smoothly, but now that he has to actually pay the price, suddenly he doesn't seem so committed anymore.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
As an aside, Sacramento blew a 24 point lead at Dallas on Tuesday night then blew a 26 point lead at Memphis last night.

I think it's safe to say they're having a bad week.

1bigfan13

Staff member
As an aside, Sacramento blew a 24 point lead at Dallas on Tuesday night then blew a 26 point lead at Memphis last night.

I think it's safe to say they're having a bad week.
And they let an undermanned Thunder team throttle them on Sunday night.

BTW....that was a pretty bad loss last night. Ben McClemore bricks the two FTs then with only .3 seconds left they lose Conley on defense allowing that wide open layup as time expires.

So much fail.

1bigfan13

Staff member
One more random NBA note, I think Brian Shaw will be the first coach fired this year. Denver is awful.

That dumb decision to fire George Karl after he'd won 50 games and COY continues to bite them in the ass.

If the GM made the call to fire Karl I'd fire him as well.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
One more random NBA note, I think Brian Shaw will be the first coach fired this year. Denver is awful.

That dumb decision to fire George Karl after he'd won 50 games and COY continues to bite them in the ass.

If the GM made the call to fire Karl I'd fire him as well.
Yea, I always thought it was crazy firing the COY, especially since that Denver squad even when Melo was there was limited, IMO.

Top Bottom