Judge for yourself......Every Mcfadden run play 2014

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is not the bad blocking, it is the way he goes down at the first sign of resistance that bothers me.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It is not the bad blocking, it is the way he goes down at the first sign of resistance that bothers me.
Yeah he has some real balance issues.

But that sweep with both guards pulling could be nasty.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah he has some real balance issues.

But that sweep with both guards pulling could be nasty.
He just doesn't finish.

If people bitched that Murray left "meat on the bone" with his runs, they will go apeshit with this guy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hope these aren't highlights but unfotunately they probably are.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He just doesn't finish.

If people bitched that Murray left "meat on the bone" with his runs, they will go apeshit with this guy.
But those wide open lanes we had last year will end up as touchdowns.

I don't see him as a every down back but he could add some explosion to the offense.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But those wide open lanes we had last year will end uo as touchdowns.

I don't see him as a every down back but he could add some explosion to the offense.
That is just revisionist thinking at work.

Not every carry Murray had was with perfect blocking. He made plays when they didn't do their job.

What I see with McFadden is a guy that can't win if a defender hits him and I question his vision just as much.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That is just revisionist thinking at work.

Not every carry Murray had was with perfect blocking. He made plays when they didn't do their job.

What I see with McFadden is a guy that can't win if a defender hits him and I question his vision just as much.
Nothing revisionist about it, I am talking about specific plays, those guard pull plays that broke open routinely.

Did you overlook where I said he is not a every down back?

This not about Mcfadden vs Murray, I just can see him doing some real damage on those particular type plays that Murray would get in the open field and start looking for somebody to run into instead of opening it up toward the endzone.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They are every run he had last year.

Just like the title says.:unsure
I know. I was being sarcastic. D. Mac is bad, Williams is probably done with his knee and Dunbar is 3rd down back. Randle is the saivation for the running game. I like him but I'm skeptical he can carry the load. This is exactly what I thought the season would shape up to be.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Way back before the draft when he came out I remember Mayock saying his legs stop on contact for the most part, that he doesn't have lower body strength, and that's still one of his biggest issues. The dude is average at best but if he can give us 150 carries and average around 4.2-4.4 YPC, which I think he can, I won't complain much.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Way back before the draft when he came out I remember Mayock saying his legs stop on contact for the most part, that he doesn't have lower body strength, and that's still one of his biggest issues. The dude is average at best but if he can give us 150 carries and average around 4.2-4.4 YPC, which I think he can, I won't complain much.
I think he will be more of an 80 carry 6.7 YPC guy...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He can't workout regularly. Seem like a problem to me.
Where did you see that he can't workout regularly? The only thing I've seen is that he missed some time during voluntary workouts because of swelling in the knee.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Where did you see that he can't workout regularly? The only thing I've seen is that he missed some time during voluntary workouts because of swelling in the knee.
Isn't that missing some time? Because they are voluntary doesn't change the fact that he missed time. If they were mandatory he would have missed time. There is a problem with the knee. That's apparent.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't panic over a little soreness when a guy is getting out on the field for the first time during the season. Certainly not enough to pronounce him "done", that's ridiculous.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't panic over a little soreness when a guy is getting out on the field for the first time during the season. Certainly not enough to pronounce him "done", that's ridiculous.
If it's sore now with infrequent voluntary workouts it will deteriorate with frequent harder workouts.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If it's sore now with infrequent voluntary workouts it will deteriorate with frequent harder workouts.
Not necessarily, when you take time off, sometimes it takes some time to get used to pounding your joints. Maybe it will get worse, or maybe he's just knocking off offseason rust.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
McFadden had missed some time, too. He must be done.

Top Bottom