Random Thought..........Devin Street.

Jiggyfly

Banned
There was not much said about him during any OTA's.

Did I miss something or was he just invisible?

I thought he had a chance to be a weapon but now I don't know.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys WR Devin Street: I want to be a dominating force

Jon Machota Email jmachota@dallasnews.com

Published: June 22, 2015 11:30 am

Devin Street didn’t get many opportunities to work with Tony Romo during the wide receiver’s rookie season. With Romo being limited because of his back and Street buried on the depth chart behind Dez Bryant, Terrance Williams, Cole Beasley and Dwayne Harris, the reps just weren’t there during practice.

But this offseason has been different. With Harris now in New York and Bryant not participating in organized team activities and minicamp because of his contract situation, Street has been getting looks with the first-team offense.

“We didn’t really get any reps together [last year], so it’s definitely been beneficial going forward and in the OTAs,” Street said of his work with Romo. “I’m learning what he likes, what he sees. Me being accountable to him, him having that confidence in me to go out and make plays for him and this offense and this team.”

Street, a fifth-round pick out of Pittsburgh, played in every game last year, totaling two receptions on seven targets for 18 yards.

“Devin did a really good job,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said. “He played a lot of different spots for us, didn’t have a lot of production for us. But he was up virtually every week and was able to handle all of the different spots, both outside positions and inside positions, and go into games and handle his work well.

“Again, not a lot of opportunities but he was doing the right things. I do think he has grown physically over the last year. He’s stronger, he’s quicker, he’s faster. Those are all measurable things we have seen in our strength and conditioning program. And that stuff is starting to show up on the field.”

Street called Bryant’s absence bittersweet because it subtracts an experienced Pro Bowl player from the group, but it also gives Street more chances to show the coaching staff his abilities with the starting group.

“It’s really not going to deter me from my work ethic, how I prepare or anything like that,” Street said of Bryant not participating in the offseason program. “To a certain extent, he’s a dominating force out there, but at the same time, I want to be a dominating force out there, too. So I can’t really get deterred from that or get distracted. I have to go out there and execute to the best of my ability to help this offense and help this team.”

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
One good side effect of Bryant's absence is this kid getting a real chance to practice with a healthy Romo.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One good side effect of Bryant's absence is this kid getting a real chance to practice with a healthy Romo.
And if he tore it up at OTAs in Bryant's absence, I might get excited. But he didn't.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And if he tore it up at OTAs in Bryant's absence, I might get excited. But he didn't.
Nope. He looked just kinda meh from what I read.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I loved this draft pick too, thinking he would be our third receiver by year 2. With Cole Beasley now playing much better than originally anticipated, I don't see Devin Street ever being effective on this team

Jiggyfly

Banned
No, it really wasn't. All you were talking about is how it was a good side effect from Bryant's absence that he got more reps.
What?

How did you get that from this.

There was not much said about him during any OTA's.

Did I miss something or was he just invisible?

I thought he had a chance to be a weapon but now I don't know.
I gues I had some secret agenda or something.:lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I didn't read Jiggy's initial post that way, I thought he was saying he was disappointed in him for not busting out.

Which is strange in its own right.

Top Bottom