User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another serious question for the pros here - medical related

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    They are lenders not parents. They expect to be paid.
    Nobody gives a shit what they expect. Don't lend out money foolishly. It's not irresponsible to take advantage of a constitutionally instituted process that allows for a debtor's best financial interests.

Lender knew bankruptcy existed when they lent the money. If they are that concerned, take a fucking security interest in collateral.

Otherwise.... their tears are delicious. They should take some personal responsibility for lending money foolishly.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Nobody gives a shit what they expect. Don't lend out money foolishly. It's not irresponsible to take advantage of a constitutionally instituted process that allows for a debtor's best financial interests.

Lender knew bankruptcy existed when they lent the money. If they are that concerned, take a fucking security interest in collateral.

Otherwise.... their tears are delicious. They should take some personal responsibility for lending money foolishly.
    You have a perverted view of responsibility. It always someone else's fault.
    Since Day One

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Pretty much.

No, not always.

Just that in many cases, it's not irresponsible to take advantage of bankruptcy well before "last resort" status.

There is no moral obligation to repay foolishly or usuriously-lent money.

There's a difference between lending money to a friend who stiffs you, and an industry that makes its earnings off basically investing in debt. In the latter sense, it's basically a business risk or bad investment. Should have done better research on your investment. Capitalism at it's finest in my book. You sound like a fucking commie.
    Last edited by mschmidt64; 08-02-2015 at 11:53 PM.

No, not always.

Just that in many cases, it's not irresponsible to take advantage of bankruptcy well before "last resort" status.

There is no moral obligation to repay foolishly or usuriously-lent money.

There's a difference between lending money to a friend who stiffs you, and an industry that makes its earnings off basically investing in debt. In the latter sense, it's basically a business risk or bad investment. Should have done better research on your investment. Capitalism at it's finest in my book. You sound like a fucking commie.
    We were not talking about lending money. This was someone who was seeking advise about medical expenses. You moved the venue.
    Since Day One

We were not talking about lending money. This was someone who was seeking advise about medical expenses. You moved the venue.
    You made a general statement about personal responsibility, not specific to medical expenses.

Also, medical bills aren't necessarily "borrowed" money. It might be later bills for services rendered which are simply too steep. I'd still say it's questionable whether there is a moral obligation to repay outrageously high medical bills.
    Last edited by mschmidt64; 08-03-2015 at 07:19 AM.

You made a general statement about personal responsibility, not specific to medical expenses.

Also, medical bills aren't necessarily "borrowed" money. It might be later bills for services rendered which are simply too steep. I'd still say it's questionable whether there is a moral obligation to repay outrageously high medical bills.
    Then raise your questions before you use the services. Morality comes into play to use the service then decide you think it in your best interest not to pay. That is no different than your client deciding you charged too much after you provided legal assistance. That's not the time to get buyer remorse.
    Since Day One

Doc, I don't make very much money, and it would be morally irresponsible of me to accept this cancer surgery.

God bless America.

9. The following 4 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post
    Doc, I don't make very much money, and it would be morally irresponsible of me to accept this cancer surgery.

God bless America.
    Yeah, I'd hate to be bleeding to death alongside the road and have to decide whether or not I could afford the emergency medical services needed to save my life.

11. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post

God bless America.
    How about Doctor I need your services how can we work out a plan where I am able to pay you what is affordable for me?
    Since Day One