Divisional Round Playoff Chatter | Cowboys vs Packers | 1/11/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

RIP Brother
I quite like Murray, but there is no way I give him a new contract. He is a fumbler and though he stayed healthy this year, I doubt he does the same next year. Draft someone in round 3/4 and hello Adrian Peterson.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I quite like Murray, but there is no way I give him a new contract. He is a fumbler and though he stayed healthy this year, I doubt he does the same next year. Draft someone in round 3/4 and hello Adrian Peterson.
This year was really the first time he became a fumbler. I wonder if that's not something he can correct. Also to the people who say he is slow I don't think that's correct at all. On the TD drive where Romo got hurt briefly you saw deceptive speed Murray has to turn the corner on his long run. He might not be super elusive but the guy has speed.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
All in all, this effing hurts.

It hurts bad.

This is it for the likes of Romo and Witten.

Oh well.
The only time I felt sad is when I saw Witten with years in his eyes.

That sucked.

data

Forbes #1
This year was really the first time he became a fumbler. I wonder if that's not something he can correct. Also to the people who say he is slow I don't think that's correct at all. On the TD drive where Romo got hurt briefly you saw deceptive speed Murray has to turn the corner on his long run. He might not be super elusive but the guy has speed.
He's fast enough

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, I don't necessarily hurt for the Cowboys. I hurt more for Romo and Witten.

While some of you are optimistic for next year, this year was it.
I don't think it's a lock that we're good again next year, but this was a successful season.

But I do agree that we had to make the most of this season, but we weren't going to go all the way with this defense.....it just wasn't going to happen.

No pass rush and no pass coverage would've made for an ugly loss in the SB vs Brady.

While we could have won today, I think this team got as far as they were built to go and maximized their potential.

Thorn

Brand New Member
I don't know if anyone is watching, but I think this is the end of the road for Peyton Manning. He's 5 for 13 for only 50 yards as they approach the half. At the end of their last possession, when he missed on two consecutive deep passes, they booed him off the field.

Carl

RIP Brother
I am still disgusted by that call. It was the most athletic play of the day by probably the best athlete on the field, and a book turned it over. What is happening to Sports.

data

Forbes #1
I don't know if anyone is watching, but I think this is the end of the road for Peyton Manning. He's 5 for 13 for only 50 yards as they approach the half. At the end of their last possession, when he missed on two consecutive deep passes, they booed him off the field.
feh. Too early to call. Their defense is keeping it to a 1-score game.

data

Forbes #1
I am still disgusted by that call. It was the most athletic play of the day by probably the best athlete on the field, and a book turned it over. What is happening to Sports.
Not sports, just the NFL. How appropriate that a country so riddled with litigation and overanalysis ruined it's most popular sport with too much litigation and overanalysis.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
38 and playing poor the last month of the year. I think he's done even if he comes back. Thank God Baltimore beat Pittsburgh last week or the Steelers would be heading to the AFCC game.

Thorn

Brand New Member
feh. Too early to call. Their defense is keeping it to a 1-score game.
Denver might win the game, but if they do I feel pretty confident they'll be completely pasted in New England next week.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
So if Dez stretches and crosses plane of goal line or hits cone it's a TD, but because he was short it's not a catch? Makes sense.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If Romo is fine next year, we'll be in the playoffs again.

They key is to fix the defense.
I hear they're probably going to expand the playoffs to 7 teams in each conference with only the top seed gaining a bye. If so it'll be easier to get in but tougher to advance unless you have home field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom