2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
SEC haters just make me laugh. Their Weat division alone is better top to bottom than any other conference as a whole.

Im looking forward to the Big 12 getting shut out of the playoff picture. They are one strong team with a choke job loss and a bunch of crap.
Not an SEC hater but I don't think Ole Miss is that good and I don't think this will be the last time they get beat.

D

Deuce

Not an SEC hater but I don't think Ole Miss is that good and I don't think this will be the last time they get beat.
Ole Miss will probably lose to Auburn and Miss St. That doesn't make them a bad team, just shows how tough that schedule is when a team that talented ends up with 3 losses.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ole Miss will probably lose to Auburn and Miss St. That doesn't make them a bad team, just shows how tough that schedule is when a team that talented ends up with 3 losses.
Not trying to say they are a bad team. Just that I don't think they are actually an elite team. They played out of their mind and beat Alabama but otherwise they haven't done that much. The Texas AM win isn't looking so impressive anymore.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I have never been a fan of midseason firings...particularly in college. Just clear the decks after the season. Mich missed on replacing Carr twice, they have to hit this time. Miles will be mentioned, but damn LSU is loaded with some young talent...I would not leave LSU for Mich.
In general I'm not either but in Hoke's case he's a lame duck and about everyone knows it, including recruits. Michigan is a prime job and they need to cast a net and get someone in place before more heads start rolling and the good coaches or coaching prospects are hired elsewhere. Florida has been mostly mediocre under Muschamp but they aren't circling the drain like Michigan is.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I love Kliff Kingsbury, he's my all time favorite red raider player, but Jesus. I don't know if he has the chops to build a program from the ashes left by Kent Hance's utter destruction of it. Texas Tech is lower than it's ever been, now. Even back in the 70s when they sucked the big schools hated to play there because the slow west texas ranchers kids would beat the hell out of them. Now the defense can't make a tackle. You can't save a defense that won't tackle.

[MENTION=19]skidadl[/MENTION] Yeah, this football team sucked under Mike Leach. It sure is great we got KENT HANCE, a corrupt politician whose political resume is essentially knowing the taste of Rick Perry's cock to get us out of that situation.

To fix this shit Tech needs to pay big bucks to someone who can build a program from the ground up. Maybe when Bill O'Brien gets uncomfortable in Houston?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Even though I agree with a lot of what you said I think you have to give him a few years to get his own players in there. I was frustrated after the game as well and it sucks to have to wait but just think its the right thing to do.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Even though I agree with a lot of what you said I think you have to give him a few years to get his own players in there. I was frustrated after the game as well and it sucks to have to wait but just think its the right thing to do.
Yep, I won't crucify him until he's at least had a chance to get his recruits in. So, another year or two and then we can bust out the pitchforks if haven't seen substantial improvement.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I love Kliff Kingsbury, he's my all time favorite red raider player, but Jesus. I don't know if he has the chops to build a program from the ashes left by Kent Hance's utter destruction of it. Texas Tech is lower than it's ever been, now. Even back in the 70s when they sucked the big schools hated to play there because the slow west texas ranchers kids would beat the hell out of them. Now the defense can't make a tackle. You can't save a defense that won't tackle.

[MENTION=19]skidadl[/MENTION] Yeah, this football team sucked under Mike Leach. It sure is great we got KENT HANCE, a corrupt politician whose political resume is essentially knowing the taste of Rick Perry's cock to get us out of that situation.

To fix this shit Tech needs to pay big bucks to someone who can build a program from the ground up. Maybe when Bill O'Brien gets uncomfortable in Houston?
You make an excellent point there, buddy. If only Hance could have not turned the ball over 4 times and made a few tackles all would be well.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yep, I won't crucify him until he's at least had a chance to get his recruits in. So, another year or two and then we can bust out the pitchforks if haven't seen substantial improvement.
Dude, we suck bad. Really bad.

What is concerning is the lack of improvement on the essentials:

tackling, penalties, discipline, QB play and catching the ball. I mean, really, when in the last 14 years has there been a problem with catching the ball? That should never happen in a spread attack. Some progress needs to be made apparent quickly.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Whatever. :lol

You SEC homers make me laugh with this garbage about SEC teams "beating up on each other" and "eating each other alive" because the conference is so damn good.

Nonsense. If that's the case I can say the same about the Big XII. Half the conference is ranked and we're so damn good that we're just beating up on each other and shouldn't be penalized for losses.

Or is that an SEC only rule?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't know who is on his staff, but he'd benefit from some assts that are older and have been around some. Still a real young guy to have the reins of a program in a major conference.

D

Deuce

Whatever. :lol

You SEC homers make me laugh with this garbage about SEC teams "beating up on each other" and "eating each other alive" because the conference is so damn good.

Nonsense. If that's the case I can say the same about the Big XII. Half the conference is ranked and we're so damn good that we're just beating up on each other and shouldn't be penalized for losses.

Or is that an SEC only rule?
Rankings mean nothing. Marshall is ranked while playing a DII schedule. (Sorry Bipo, it's true)

If any current Big 12 team played in the SEC West this year, only TCU and Baylor would probably come out bowl eligible.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Rankings mean nothing. Marshall is ranked while playing a DII schedule. (Sorry Bipo, it's true)

If any current Big 12 team played in the SEC West this year, only TCU and Baylor would probably come out bowl eligible.
Now you're just being silly.

Hell, if K. State had a decent kicker they beat Auburn.

D

Deuce

Now you're just being silly.

Hell, if K. State had a decent kicker they beat Auburn.
Okay, I forgot about K-State. No matter how good they are, they are always forgettable to me.

So the Big 12 is a 3 team conference. The SEC West alone is 4 deep.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I do think you'll end up with only 1 SEC team in the playoffs though...Oregon, ND, and FSU being the other 3.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't know who is on his staff, but he'd benefit from some assts that are older and have been around some. Still a real young guy to have the reins of a program in a major conference.
No doubt. The entire staff is REALLY young. You are going to take some major lumps when that happens. One of the other problems is that Kliff doesn't have the benefit of building a network of coaches that her knows and trusts to pull on for staff replacements. That is a pretty big deal that I think gets overlooked.

The best coach on the team is Mike Smith. He is really young too but he is going to be a good one IMO. Unfortunately he is working with garbage.

D

Deuce

I do think you'll end up with only 1 SEC team in the playoffs though...Oregon, ND, and FSU being the other 3.
I think 2nd place in the SEC West can grab the 4th spot if things fall right. Auburn running the table the rest of the way or Bama running the table the rest of the way and Miss St only falling a few spots.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't think it's possible to have a tough defense that practices against a spread offense every day. It's just an attitude that affects the entire team.

I actually liked what Tuberville was trying to do there in moving away from the B12 culture into running the ball and playing some defense. Don't keep up with Tech so I'm sure you know far better than I do what happened there... Did he just not really want the job?

And yes, 1bigfan13... The "beat each other up" theme does only work for the SEC. No other conferences allowed. :lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't think it's possible to have a tough defense that practices against a spread offense every day. It's just an attitude that affects the entire team.
I think that is a real point to be made. TCU seems like they are doing fine with it though. Also, OU has done well in the past.

I actually liked what Tuberville was trying to do there in moving away from the B12 culture into running the ball and playing some defense. Don't keep up with Tech so I'm sure you know far better than I do what happened there... Did he just not really want the job?
That was a myth. He didn't run the ball.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The SEC is clearly the best conference but some of the talk is just retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom