Anthony Davis of San Francisco 49ers retires

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

By Chris Wesseling
Around the NFL Writer
Published: June 5, 2015 at 05:15PM

Yet another key starter for the San Francisco 49ers has decided to hang up his cleats.

Right tackle Anthony Davis surprisingly announced his retirement from football on Friday.

A statement released by Davis reads as follows:

"After a few years of thought, I've decided it will be best for me to take a year or so away from the NFL. This will be a time for me to allow my Brain and Body a chance to heal. I know many won't understand my decision, that's ok.

"I hope you too have the courage to live your life how you planned it when day dreaming to yourself growing up. Your Life is Your dream and you have the power to control that dream. I'm simply doing what's best for my body as well as my mental health at this time in my life."
------------

:lol @ the 49ers.

They are going to suck so hard this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

By Chris Wesseling
Around the NFL Writer
Published: June 5, 2015 at 05:15PM

Yet another key starter for the San Francisco 49ers has decided to hang up his cleats.

Right tackle Anthony Davis surprisingly announced his retirement from football on Friday.

A statement released by Davis reads as follows:

"After a few years of thought, I've decided it will be best for me to take a year or so away from the NFL. This will be a time for me to allow my Brain and Body a chance to heal. I know many won't understand my decision, that's ok.

"I hope you too have the courage to live your life how you planned it when day dreaming to yourself growing up. Your Life is Your dream and you have the power to control that dream. I'm simply doing what's best for my body as well as my mental health at this time in my life."
------------

:lol @ the 49ers.

They are going to suck so hard this year.
It's like all their players were like "our head coach is who" fuck it lets retire.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
How much for Doug Free?
Exactly. If they call, I'd be more than interested to see what they'd toss our way for him now that they literally have nothing at o-line outside of Center and LT.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Exactly. If they call, I'd be more than interested to see what they'd toss our way for him now that they literally have nothing at o-line outside of Center and LT.
Would you take a future first for Collins? Normally I'd take that for anything, but I wouldn't.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tomsula wasn’t shocked by Anthony Davis retirement

Posted by Mike Florio on June 6, 2015, 2:09 AM EDT

On Friday, 49ers tackle Anthony Davis provided the NFL with a surprise by retiring at age 25. The move didn’t surprise head coach Jim Tomsula.

“I can’t say it was shocking at all,” Tomsula told reporters in the aftermath of the news.

“Anthony’s been working on himself right now, that’s what he’s been doing,” Tomsula said. “Look, Anthony wants to step away and he wants to get his mind and his body right and that’s where he wants to go and he has every right to do that. We wish him the best.”

If it sounds as if the 49ers knew Davis may be retiring, it’s because they apparently did.

“I wouldn’t say it was a topic of conversation, but yeah absolutely,” Tomsula said regarding whether the team knew this could happen entering free agency and the draft. “We’re looking, Anthony wasn’t around, he’s doing his thing. So, yeah. Obviously, you look at the things we’ve done here personnel wise and we’re very prepared for this.”

Is it nevertheless a huge blow to the team?

“I don’t think it’s a huge blow to this team,” Tomsula said. “I wouldn’t categorize it that way. We’ve got some guys doing some really good things right now that we’re really excited about moving into training camp. But, no we’re really excited about the guys that are here. That’s what we’ve said all along. The focus is on the guys that are here and the guys that are doing what they are doing.”

Tomsula added that guard Alex Boone is a “possibility at either tackle” position,” and that guard Erik Pears also could play right tackle.

Regardless of whether the 49ers were prepared for the move, it becomes the latest departure for a team that has now seen four key players retire in the same offseason that coach Jim Harbaugh left — linebackers Patrick Willis and Chris Borland, defensive lineman Justin Smith, and Davis.

It’s hard not to wonder who may be the next 49er to call it quits.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Would you take a future first for Collins? Normally I'd take that for anything, but I wouldn't.
Even though they will probably be picking high next year I'd pass. Collins is a high 1st round talent and has a great attitude.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Even though they will probably be picking high next year I'd pass. Collins is a high 1st round talent and has a great attitude.
Yeah, plus I don't supply them a great young talent for a first. Now I might consider it for a player like Eric Reid, which they'd never do.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Biding his time until Baalke gets fired and they get a real HC again :unsure

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By this he means he is going to take a year to stuff his face and be lazy.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
some weird stuff going on in San Francisco. Taken in a vacuum, this is barely a blip on the radar. But in conjunction with all else that has gone down there, you have to wonder what's going on behind the scenes. It can't be a coincidence that they've had multiple players in their prime just hang it up like that.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Not in this case because that was his value anyway. If we were to consider trading him, I'd ask for the moon in compensation just to put the screws to them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
some weird stuff going on in San Francisco. Taken in a vacuum, this is barely a blip on the radar. But in conjunction with all else that has gone down there, you have to wonder what's going on behind the scenes. It can't be a coincidence that they've had multiple players in their prime just hang it up like that.
Harbaugh delivered that franchise from the shit.

Difficult guy or not, he did.

Now they replace him with the modern day version of Dave Campo.

These guys aren't stupid. They know.

The Niners upper management is bad. The same guys that hired Pants On The Ground are still there.

Why do you think Davis said "a year or two" from now.

They can't play for this clown.

I can't wait to see them just burn to the ground.

data

Forbes #1
Harbaugh delivered that franchise from the shit.

Difficult guy or not, he did.

Now they replace him with the modern day version of Dave Campo.

These guys aren't stupid. They know.

The Niners upper management is bad. The same guys that hired Pants On The Ground are still there.

Why do you think Davis said "a year or two" from now.

They can't play for this clown.

I can't wait to see them just burn to the ground.
I love it. F SF

Top Bottom