Top 3 you would keep...

D

Deuce

Murray is one of the chief reasons the team is where it is. Is there anyone else that has had the effect he has had? You take him out of the equation and you are right back to the 8 - 8 group of previous years when the running game was a thing some could only hope for.
The commitment to the running game is why we are where we are. That's got more to do with play calling and the OL play than Murray, IMO. If we lost him but kept the play calling, we will continue to win games.

D

Deuce

I guessed you missed my post about him excelling well before this line was complete.
I guess you seem to forget teams playing 7 in the box constantly because we were expected to pass every single time.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The commitment to the running game is why we are where we are. That's got more to do with play calling and the OL play than Murray, IMO. If we lost him but kept the play calling, we will continue to win games.
The series where we pulled Murray in the Giants game and used Randle and Dunbar we went 3 and out.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Get that same yardage with Randle or Dunbar.

Cotton

Staff member
I guess you seem to forget teams playing 7 in the box constantly because we were expected to pass every single time.
And? He still excelled behind a very shitty line. Not just any back can do what he has done through his career. Not to mention his blitz pickups and receiving skills.

Cotton

Staff member
Whoa, one whole series. My opinion has officially changed.
Obviously, I don't agree with you. Not just any back could do what Murray has done over the last 3 years, and to imply otherwise is retarded.

D

Deuce

And? He still excelled behind a very shitty line. Not just any back can do what he has done through his career. Not to mention his blitz pickups and receiving skills.
Last years line wasn't shitty. Martin has been good, but he's be the only upgrade. If they're all the sudden not shitty because of his addition, then he should be one of the 3 players listed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I'm rating the 3 most important players to the team this year McClain needs to be right there in the discussion. If you're talking about players you'd keep if you were starting a team, then the answer may be different because of his history.

I love Murray but I can't put him in the top 3 only because RBs are much easier to find then say a QB, LT or WR.

Cotton

Staff member
Last years line wasn't shitty. Martin has been good, but he's be the only upgrade. If they're all the sudden not shitty because of his addition, then he should be one of the 3 players listed.
Murray had a 5.5 YPC average without Martin and Frederick. So, yeah, he excelled behind a shitty line.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No kidding, I've been talking about this for a while. Our offensive line was very good last year. It just happens to be even better this year.

Cotton

Staff member
If I'm rating the 3 most important players to the team this year McClain needs to be right there in the discussion. If you're talking about players you'd keep if you were starting a team, then the answer may be different because of his history.

I love Murray but I can't put him in the top 3 only because RBs are much easier to find then say a QB, LT or WR.
It's not ranking 3 most important positions to keep, it's the 3 players on the team you keep right at this moment. The ones that can't be replaced by players currently on the roster.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not ranking 3 most important positions to keep, it's the 3 players on the team you keep right at this moment. The ones that can't be replaced by players currently on the roster.
That's exactly why I think McClain needs to be in the discussion. I actually may go with McClain, Romo and Dez. I love Murray but Randle has 6.7 yards per carry on the season. I think we could piece together a strong running game still. I hate to not put Tyrone up there because he may be the best LT in football but lets face it, we have multiple other probowler type players on the O-line

data

Forbes #1
Dan Bailey

Top Bottom