User Tag List

Page 3 of 575 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 5748

Thread: 2016 POTUS Election Thread

  1. #21
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    17,999
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    This election feels like Hillary's for the taking. She's the only candidate who can sit and let the election come to her. Everyone else will be forced to burn themselves out, and will generate about a million damning sound bytes in the mean time.

    I want Rand, but not as badly as I used to. I've soured a little on the guy. He's the best candidate. That just isn't saying anything.
    I like Rand. He is finally a politician who isn't afraid to break away from all the stupid typical Republic bullshit. He's actually interested in doing the economic things that Republicans are supposed to stand for but never actually do.

  2. #22
    Senior Member BipolarFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up my ass
    Posts
    7,160
    Rand is a fucking sell out or liar.

    He has shifted most of his positions to establishment Republican.

    And his speech in front of an aircraft carrier was nauseating for someone who supposedly wants to scale back defense spending and military action overseas.

  3. #23
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    48,912
    This thread should get interesting.

  4. #24
    Senior Member mschmidt64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,534
    Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    Rand is a fucking sell out or liar.

    He has shifted most of his positions to establishment Republican.

    And his speech in front of an aircraft carrier was nauseating for someone who supposedly wants to scale back defense spending and military action overseas.
    You elitist pig, you have no room to talk, you are a 1%er.

    Also pretty much completely wrong as usual. Like, couldn't be more wrong if you were trying to be.

  5. #25
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    48,912
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    You elitist pig, you have no room to talk, you are a 1%er.

    Also pretty much completely wrong as usual. Like, couldn't be more wrong if you were trying to be.
    Yep.

  6. #26
    Senior Member mschmidt64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I like Rand. He is finally a politician who isn't afraid to break away from all the stupid typical Republic bullshit. He's actually interested in doing the economic things that Republicans are supposed to stand for but never actually do.
    He can't be his dad straight up; if he is, he loses the Republican primary in a landslide like his dad did, sadly.

    He has to come towards the middle on some things to appease Republicans who aren't ready for the inevitable evolution of the country on defense, drugs, and social issues.

    If he was a "sell out liar" though, you wouldn't have John McCain taking shots at him every chance he gets.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    17,999
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    He can't be his dad straight up; if he is, he loses the Republican primary in a landslide like his dad did, sadly.

    He has to come towards the middle on some things to appease Republicans who aren't ready for the inevitable evolution of the country on defense, drugs, and social issues.

    If he was a "sell out liar" though, you wouldn't have John McCain taking shots at him every chance he gets.
    The sad part is the drugs, defense and social issues hurt him during the primary but they probably would help him win the general election. Republicans would still vote for him because he is the best Republican option. Yet those views would allow him to probably steal a lot of the young vote which could have him win in a landslide. It's what makes it a tough balancing act. The Republican party seems to have no idea what is good for itself.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,765
    Rand lost me by supporting a flat tax. I can't understand why that would be a good idea or beneficial to the majority of Americans.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    17,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Rand lost me by supporting a flat tax. I can't understand why that would be a good idea or beneficial to the majority of Americans.
    Really? To get rid of the million and one tax breaks and loopholes doesn't seem like a good idea? At minimum it would increase the efficiency of the tax system dramatically.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Really? To get rid of the million and one tax breaks and loopholes doesn't seem like a good idea? At minimum it would increase the efficiency of the tax system dramatically.
    There are other ways to make the system more efficient. Maybe I don't understand the flat tax, but it seems to me like it would benefit a lot of rich people and corporations, and not so much the poor and middle class.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •