Cowboys sign OT La'el Collins

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
if we get this guy, I'd even try to tread the tires on good ole Troy Hambrick to run behind this line. You could put anyone in the backfield and we would be set

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Give him the keys to the bang bus if you need to. Don't let him leave.

D

Deuce

Give him the keys to the bang bus if you need to. Don't let him leave.
Get this guy and Green really does become a career swing tackle. :lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Get this guy and Green really does become a career swing tackle. :lol
And not one single F would be given. If the league said we had to cut him outright to be able to sign Collins, I still wouldn't bat an eye. Hell, I'll cut Free too if they want us to.

townsend

Banned
I'm sure he's looking for some assurances that he'll stay at tackle so he can cash in on his next contract.
That makes sense. Not much to ask, considering that the team that acquires essentially gets another 1st round pick.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

My :lol was more directed at the people who bitched at the Green pick as if he's only going to be a swing tackle.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I feel like the fact that he's visiting us first has to be a good sign.

I thought there was some deadline we had to pass though -- like his graduation or something -- before we could meet with him? Did that already happen?

p1_

DCC 4Life
if we get this guy, I'd even try to tread the tires on good ole Troy Hambrick to run behind this line. You could put anyone in the backfield and we would be set
And thus goes the thinking I guess. Build a fortress that can continue what was begun 2 years ago and really took flight last season. A movable bludgeon, zone scheme nirvana.

Even schlubs can succeed behind it I suppose, much like Denver used to be able to plug different/average to slightly above average people in and succeed.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I agree. It seems that this is where Jerry shines, and I would say excels at selling the team to guys who have a choice as to where they play. He does know how to close.

D

Deuce

So all the teeth gnashing about our draft and we could potentially walk away from this thing with 3 top 15-20 picks. :lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

p1_

DCC 4Life
So all the teeth gnashing about our draft and we could potentially walk away from this thing with 3 top 15-20 picks. :lol
It sucks having to to be happy, I know :lol

p1_

DCC 4Life
I wonder the one reason. Not really a factor if he wants to be here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure he's looking for some assurances that he'll stay at tackle so he can cash in on his next contract.
Do RT's and Guards really make that much different money? I would get it if he is playing LT but I don't think that's the plan for any NFL teams.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And not one single F would be given. If the league said we had to cut him outright to be able to sign Collins, I still wouldn't bat an eye. Hell, I'll cut Free too if they want us to.
Yeah, no doubt. Just make it happen. What a fierce line we would have. Holy shit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I thought there was some deadline we had to pass though -- like his graduation or something -- before we could meet with him? Did that already happen?
No, he just had to be cleared of charges first, I believe.

Top Bottom