Gov orders Texas guard to monitor military exercises over fears of federal takeover

Jiggyfly

Banned
Paranoia catches Abbott’s attention: Gov orders Texas guard to monitor military exercises over fears of federal takeover

On Monday, command spokesman Lt. Col. Mark Lastoria attended a Bastrop County Commissioners Court meeting to answer community questions and was met with hostile fire. Lastoria, in response to some of the questions from the 150 who attended, sought to dispel fears that foreign fighters from the Islamic State were being brought in or that Texans’ guns would be confiscated, according to a report in the Austin American-Statesman.

He was forced to rebut that martial law was underfoot and said misinformation has been spread by those with a “personal agenda.”

“You may have issues with the administration. So be it. But this institution right here has been with you for over 200 years,” he was quoted as saying. “I’ve worn this uniform across five different administrations for 27 years.”

Radio host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has been sending out warnings for weeks regarding the exercise, saying it is the U.S. military positioning itself to take over the states and declare martial law.

Abbott apparently has heard the concern and ordered the Guard to monitor the training and U.S. military personnel.

“To address concerns of Texas citizens and ensure that Texas communities remain safe, secure and informed about military procedures occurring in their vicinity, I am directing the TExas State Guard to monitor Operation Jade Helm 15,” Abbott wrote in his letter to the commander of the Texas Guard.

Abbott hedged the suspicion inherent in his message, saying, “The action I take today comes with the recognition of Texas’ long history of supporting our military forces.”

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh c'mon, Abbot. This is embarrassing.

Jiggyfly

Banned

townsend

Banned
There's nothing wrong with the assertion of states rights and asking to remain in the loop as the governing body, (as any allied nation might.) That being said I think this is just political dick wagging at a democrat controlled fed.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
There's nothing wrong with the assertion of states rights and asking to remain in the loop as the governing body, (as any allied nation might.) That being said I think this is just political dick wagging at a democrat controlled fed.
Pretty much on all accounts.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why are you in an uproar then? I merely couched my comment to say if true then its asinine. I don't need your condecending references to a source as if I am incapable of digesting information. It that type of display that gets you crosswise with people and you just cant see how you come across. I can engage in dialogue with anyone who keeps the conversation at an opinionated exchange but no one enjoys someone who is intent in attacking a diverse though processes as if they have no validity in what they say. Just food for thought.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why are you in an uproar then? I merely couched my comment to say if true then its asinine. I don't need your condecending references to a source as if I am incapable of digesting information. It that type of display that gets you crosswise with people and you just cant see how you come across. I can engage in dialogue with anyone who keeps the conversation at an opinionated exchange but no one enjoys someone who is intent in attacking a diverse though processes as if they have no validity in what they say. Just food for thought.
Very well put.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What about that was uproarious?

You are the one in a uproar not me I just wanted to show you it is in fact very true.

You are getting a bit thin skinned these days.

Top Bottom