Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I will tell you some of my favorites but I don't say the are the best. Walt Garrison,Don Meridith,Leroy Jordan, Lance Rentzel,Mike Ditka. All these are older guys but I liked them more than some of the later crop.
Chuck Howley and Lee Roy Jordan should be in the Hall of Fame. You can't make an argument against them. Look at just their Pro Bowls and All Pro years. Lee Roy was the second best MLB of his era right behind Butkus and Howley was the greatest 4-3 OLB of all time except for a possible argument that could be made for Bobby Bell.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Chuck Howley and Lee Roy Jordan should be in the Hall of Fame. You can't make an argument against them. Look at just their Pro Bowls and All Pro years. Lee Roy was the second best MLB of his era right behind Butkus and Howley was the greatest 4-3 OLB of all time except for a possible argument that could be made for Bobby Bell.
All those guys were great and they were 100% dedicated.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Sure they should. But Jones has been talking up Randle for the last several weeks, really laying it on thick this week.

My money is on they give the boss what he wants, to our own detriment.
He found his rhythm in the first half. I was fing shocked to see it. When he gets hands on him it isn't pretty, but he and Dunbar were terrific in the first half.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
He found his rhythm in the first half. I was fing shocked to see it. When he gets hands on him it isn't pretty, but he and Dunbar were terrific in the first half.
I'd like to try Randle in a closer role. Just try to feature him late in games. We should be able to build a lead in Washington. It would be a good opportunity to use him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
My my. Suddenly Randle has been discovered.
I didnt think he would amount to anything when he was drafted but I did see that he was effective so far this season. I guess you could say I was a doubter with an open mind.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd like to try Randle in a closer role. Just try to feature him late in games. We should be able to build a lead in Washington. It would be a good opportunity to use him.
Randle is showing me something I didn't know he had, and I'm all for getting him more carries, but Murray is the very definition of a closer and should be the guy each and every time in that situation.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Randle is showing me something I didn't know he had, and I'm all for getting him more carries, but Murray is the very definition of a closer and should be the guy each and every time in that situation.
I agree. Murray is always better late in games. Plus, he punishes defenders which is very effective late.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Well, he's basically better in any situation, which is why he's on pace to be MVP.

We could also try to use Randle more in the middle of games, second and third quarter maybe, but we need him to start getting about 10 carries a game.

I don't think it's a good idea to just throw in a carry once a drive. If we get a package for him and try to feature him on a possession or two, you might get him in a rhythm and get him rolling. If that happens we can go with the hot hand for a while and give Murray a rest.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Randle is showing me something I didn't know he had, and I'm all for getting him more carries
I must admit I was stunned by that 38 yard run. It was decisive and physical. He's reminding me more of Tashard Choice, though I still thought Choice appeared faster.

superpunk

Banned
Randle needs to earn his carries, which he hadn't been doing until recently. He's gotten chances and he's making something happen with him. Hopefully we can work him in some more (get huge early leads, for instance)

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Randle needs to earn his carries, which he hadn't been doing until recently. He's gotten chances and he's making something happen with him. Hopefully we can work him in some more (get huge early leads, for instance)
Randle has had limited opportunities to carry the ball. It appears the staff has been hesitant to give him the nod unless it is in a situational role. Randle isn't a great back but he is a good back. He is like any other back that needs a few carries to get the rhythm of the game and the flow of the blocking schemes. Up until now he was used for one down then out 5 or 6 times a game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No, that's Booze's territory. Where is that hater, anyway?
Right here.

Still not impressed with the player. He's benefitting from what is becoming a monster OL. Dime-a-dozen talent who is a lot like most backup RBs in the league...interchangeable.

superpunk

Banned
Randle has had limited opportunities to carry the ball. It appears the staff has been hesitant to give him the nod unless it is in a situational role. Randle isn't a great back but he is a good back. He is like any other back that needs a few carries to get the rhythm of the game and the flow of the blocking schemes. Up until now he was used for one down then out 5 or 6 times a game.
you don't get rhythm carries as a backup

you get to come out and either do some work or sit back on the bench. see TWill's comments about being ready anytime Romo looks his way

maybe randle will start earning more. up til now he hasn't. the dropoff from murray to him has been too gigantic to stomach for the coaches. he's like the escobar of our backfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom