Tim Tebow reaches deal with the Eagles...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sanchez: Eagles told me Tebow was a camp arm

By Conor Orr
Around The NFL Writer
Published: April 25, 2015 at 11:03 a.m.
Updated: April 25, 2015 at 11:19 a.m.

Sometimes it feels like Mark Sanchez is stuck in a perpetual quarterbacking nightmare.

When he finally made his escape down I-95 to Philadelphia, only to be reunited with Tim Tebow once again, all we could do was lend a shoulder to cry on.

Sanchez, though, isn't exactly taking this reunion lying down. On Friday night, he told reporters that the former Heisman Trophy winner was just a camp arm.

"He's obviously a great guy, he works hard," Sanchez said, via CSN Philadelphia. "And we needed another guy to throw while Sam's (Bradford) still recovering. So that's the reason (for the signing), at least as explained to me. We're excited about the upcoming year and I think we have a great group."

At first glance, the explanation Sanchez received seems reasonable enough, but let's actually put a few puzzle pieces together.

If Chip Kelly needed someone specifically to throw to wide receivers, why would he have chosen arguably the least accurate quarterback available on the open market, even after working him out privately?

If Kelly only needed a camp arm, why would he happen to bring in the one player who could capitalize on possible rule changes to the two-point conversion better than anyone else?

Again, the explanation Sanchez got could be perfectly reasonable. But after going through this process once before, he has to know that there's always a variable when it comes to Tebow.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I dont even think he can be a camp arm.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I dont even think he can be a camp arm.
I don't get why you would want an inaccurate passer to be a camp arm. How on earth can you evaluate your WRs if the passer cannot even get it in their zipcode?

Their messed up QB situation is why, beyond giving up the farm for Mariota, I want them to squander a choice on a WR.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
if that's what they told Sanchez, they obviously lied to him. Tebow would be about the worst Camp arm you could possibly find. you either want some no-name scrub that you don't have to worry about, for somebody with upside that you might see something out of.it would make 0 sense to bring in a guy like Tebow who you know has no upside and is a big distraction besides just to be a camp arm.

D

Deuce

I don't get why you would want an inaccurate passer to be a camp arm. How on earth can you evaluate your WRs if the passer cannot even get it in their zipcode?

Their messed up QB situation is why, beyond giving up the farm for Mariota, I want them to squander a choice on a WR.
Kelly doesn't need camp to evaluate his WR, he knows what he has and what he's looking for.

At least, that's what he's selling when he trades his best WR and lets his other one walk in FA.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
if that's what they told Sanchez, they obviously lied to him. Tebow would be about the worst Camp arm you could possibly find. you either want some no-name scrub that you don't have to worry about, for somebody with upside that you might see something out of.it would make 0 sense to bring in a guy like Tebow who you know has no upside and is a big distraction besides just to be a camp arm.
If you wanted a camp arm and not attention, you could sign Matt Flynn for that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jay Feely: Tim Tebow 'single-worst QB I ever saw,' couldn't beat air
By Will Brinson | NFL Writer
April 21, 2015 2:01 pm ET

With Tim Tebow now at least temporarily ensconced in Philadelphia, everyone's kind of settling in to see how Chip Kelly and the Eagles handle this and how Tebow deals with playing for a new team.

If he wants to make the team succeed, he better have become a better practice quarterback than he was with the Broncos or Jets. To wit: former Cardinals kicker Jay Feely told Jim Rome on Showtime during this Wednesday's episode (airs at 9 p.m. ET) Tebow is the "single-worst quarterback I ever saw."

"He's such a dichotomy for me. Because I really respect the person, the man, the things that he believes in and the things he does off the field," Feely said. "He was the single-worst quarterback I ever saw in my career in the NFL."

Feely then proceeds to tell a story about Tebow warming up and losing ... to air.

"I watched him one day ... I sat and watched him do routes on air with Ken Whisenhunt as we were playing the Broncos," Feely said. "And routes on air, there's no [defensive backs], you know exactly what he's going to run, there's no pass rush. He had like 13 incompletions on routes on air. Jim, you and I could go out and do routes on air and we would complete most of our passes."

Look out, air.

Brutally hilarious. It fits with everything you hear about Tebow in practice too. Not that Tebow's game completion percentage is particularly stunning (47.9%, which actually is stunning but for the wrong reasons).

Feely's take on the signing is that Kelly really believes his system will overcome everything and manage to "utilize" Tebow.

"He thinks his system is better than everyone's and his system is gonna work and it doesn't matter if he gets rid of star players like DeSean Jackson or LeSean McCoy," Feely said. "He thinks he's smarter so he can take a guy everyone else has quit on ... and utilize him."

Time will tell but the odds are definitely against it happening.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Jay Feely: Tim Tebow 'single-worst QB I ever saw,' couldn't beat air
By Will Brinson | NFL Writer
April 21, 2015 2:01 pm ET

With Tim Tebow now at least temporarily ensconced in Philadelphia, everyone's kind of settling in to see how Chip Kelly and the Eagles handle this and how Tebow deals with playing for a new team.

If he wants to make the team succeed, he better have become a better practice quarterback than he was with the Broncos or Jets. To wit: former Cardinals kicker Jay Feely told Jim Rome on Showtime during this Wednesday's episode (airs at 9 p.m. ET) Tebow is the "single-worst quarterback I ever saw."

"He's such a dichotomy for me. Because I really respect the person, the man, the things that he believes in and the things he does off the field," Feely said. "He was the single-worst quarterback I ever saw in my career in the NFL."

Feely then proceeds to tell a story about Tebow warming up and losing ... to air.

"I watched him one day ... I sat and watched him do routes on air with Ken Whisenhunt as we were playing the Broncos," Feely said. "And routes on air, there's no [defensive backs], you know exactly what he's going to run, there's no pass rush. He had like 13 incompletions on routes on air. Jim, you and I could go out and do routes on air and we would complete most of our passes."

Look out, air.

Brutally hilarious. It fits with everything you hear about Tebow in practice too. Not that Tebow's game completion percentage is particularly stunning (47.9%, which actually is stunning but for the wrong reasons).

Feely's take on the signing is that Kelly really believes his system will overcome everything and manage to "utilize" Tebow.

"He thinks his system is better than everyone's and his system is gonna work and it doesn't matter if he gets rid of star players like DeSean Jackson or LeSean McCoy," Feely said. "He thinks he's smarter so he can take a guy everyone else has quit on ... and utilize him."

Time will tell but the odds are definitely against it happening.
:lol this is amazing

Top Bottom