AP Probably Gone From Minnesota

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I really don't have any interest in adding Peterson. Too much baggage and too much tread worn out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No thanks. He'll be over 30 years old with a lot of wear. And he'll be coming off a year's layoff. And on top of all that, the DRAMA.

I don't care if he does come at a decent price. I'd pass.
Yep. He would have to play for dirt wages for me to bother.

And just to clarify, I'd have Charles Manson as the damn QB of this team were all conditions perfect.

His age is a concern. The fact the guy gets nicked constantly is a concern.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yep. He would have to play for dirt wages for me to bother.

And just to clarify, I'd have Charles Manson as the damn QB of this team were all conditions perfect.

His age is a concern. The fact the guy gets nicked constantly is a concern.
Pretty much.

It's not the charges he's facing that gives me pause. Innocent until proven guilty, and all that mumbo jumbo. It is the price tag/age/miles. Putting that on top of the drama he'd bring makes it awful hard to accept.

superpunk

Banned
It'd be damn tempting. If AP could see his way to a player in good standing with the NFL, I'd be hard pressed not to pick him up. Ricky Williams was probably better for his (incredibly innocent in hindsight) one year suspension. That being said, I feel like I could never actively get excited for big plays from AP. In a lot of ways I think he's a worse person that Ray Rice.
if there was video of what AP did he would never suit up again anywhere

which is the same mistake the NFL made with Rice, obviously - not reacting to what we all know happened until someone slapped us across the face with actual video of the carnage

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He has missed games every year of his career...that is pretty much the definition of injury prone.
How many players can you name that hasn't missed a game or two in a season. My guess is 40 % of the active players will fall into this category. You think 40 % of each roster is injury prone?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
How many players can you name that hasn't missed a game or two in a season. My guess is 40 % of the active players will fall into this category. You think 40 % of each roster is injury prone?
I think that number is probably way lower than that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It only says that "30 percent of players missed at least some game time, up 1 percent.". Some game time, not a game or two. Big difference.
Technically that's true but some could have missed several games. I think if you look at the basis for the report it was injuries. Someone who missied a few plays would not have been considered an injury. I take the report to mean that an injury took them out of the game . It's anyone's guess how long they stayed out. The point to me is that injury touches a large segment of the rosters but it would not be accurate to call all of them injury prone.

Cotton

Staff member
Technically that's true but some could have missed several games. I think if you look at the basis for the report it was injuries. Someone who missied a few plays would not have been considered an injury. I take the report to mean that an injury took them out of the game . It's anyone's guess how long they stayed out. The point to me is that injury touches a large segment of the rosters but it would not be accurate to call all of them injury prone.
Correct, and I would bet that "some" is far lower than 30%.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not sure what you are looking for...he has been injury prone up until now. No question.

Cotton

Staff member
Not sure what you are looking for...he has been injury prone up until now. No question.
I don't think there is any doubt about that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Is there a formal definition for injury prone as it applies to athletes?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No idea...I'll pass on this, getting silly now.
No it isn't silly. The only definition I have found is that it is frequent. That doesn't describe the the party at hand.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Please give LT an exact number that makes a player injury prone, then we can move on.
Your position is subjective and I disagree with it so I merely offered you an opportunity to solidify your position as being correct in the absence of a formal definition.

Cotton

Staff member
Is there a formal definition for injury prone as it applies to athletes?
Yes, a player is considered injury prone if they can't play in all 16 games at least once in their NFL career.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Your position is subjective and I disagree with it so I merely offered you an opportunity to solidify your position as being correct in the absence of a formal definition.
If a player misses time every year due to injury, that is a trend...some would say he is prone to it. It is not subjective, he's missed time every year. You are smarter than this.

Top Bottom