Week 6 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Seahawks | 10/12/2014

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure what is up with that.

I think Russell Wilson has played so well and made so many plays with his feet that maybe they started to think that that should be the basis for their gameplan each week.

Seattle doesn't scare anyone with their passing game. Their running game gets going and then it opens up all kinds of shit for Wilson and they'd be wise to go back to what has made them so successful over the last 2 years.
I think part of the problem is that Seattle doesn't really have great pass catching targets. I don't think there is a single receiver on that team that scares anyone catching the ball. You can't really lead with the pass when you don't have the targets to do it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Also, it sounded like the crowd was pretty loud on Seattle's last 2 possessions. Wonder what presence Cowboys fans had, if any.
They were pretty loud during Cowboys scoring plays.

And then, there's this:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think part of the problem is that Seattle doesn't really have great pass catching targets. I don't think there is a single receiver on that team that scares anyone catching the ball. You can't really lead with the pass when you don't have the targets to do it.
They don't, but they didn't have anyone great the last 2 years either.

Tate did well for them, but he isn't keeping defensive coordinators up at night. The running game and Wilson's athleticism is what creates favorable matchups in the passing game for them.

Today, they couldn't run, and our fast defense kept Wilson in check. When that combination happens, it creates the average passing attack that you saw today.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
In every other team coverage outlet besides this one, he will get a ton of props for this. Only on this board does the guy do nothing right at all.

He's doing a good job so far. And yes, his approach is paying off.

Time will tell if it keeps up.
Thanks, @Hostile.

data

Forbes #1
What blows my mind is that we didn't play a perfect game and still beat the defending champs at home.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I begged for Manziel...so wrong...Romo is pimp and Martin is a stud. Props to [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] for being so on with that opinion.
I was definitely for 'get the QB' in the draft but wasn't sure Manziel is going to be that good & he's kind of an unlike able punk. Some of the guys on draft talk shows were gushing about Martin. When his name was surfacing as a possibility I was excited. That line got legit real quick.

Leary too. Have to give Jer some credit on that one. Went hard after him & was excited about getting him as an UDFA. There was probably a scout that was standing on the table for him too so props to that guy as well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What blows my mind is that we didn't play a perfect game and still beat the defending champs at home.
We spotted them 10. And still won. In their house. Think about it. Nuts.

data

Forbes #1
That fumble was McCoy's fault, but Huff the WR is taking the blame.

:lol

jootep

Brand New Member
Romo looked done in that first game. Now he's taking shots, getting back up and playing pretty pimp.

He needs to keep taking Wednesdays off. That shit is doing wonders for his play.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sun, Oct 19 vs. Giants 3:25 PM

Mon, Oct 27 vs. Redskins 7:30 PM

Sun, Nov 2 vs. Cardinals 12:00 PM

Sun, Nov 9 @ Jaguars 12:00 PM

Next three games at home, then on the road to London vs Jags before the bye. Going in to the Seahawks game, I think all of us would have been happy to go in to the bye at 7-3. Now after today's game, could we dare to hope for 8-2? Or, holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit... 9-1? The Cardinals in Dallas should be our toughest game in this stretch.

~shits pants and faints~

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We spotted them 10. And still won. In their house. Think about it. Nuts.
We gave them more than that, if you count the botched snap fumble. That lead to a short field TD, too.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Any word on Free?

losing him for a large amount of time will hurt, I think Parnell can do OK but I expect more mistakes with him in there.

Leary had a great game his work at the second level is eye popping he might be our 3nd best lineman now, I know that sounds crazy but he is doing work.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I didn't get to read the thread or hang out there during the game.

My only questions is this: did booze homer out?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Leary too. Have to give Jer some credit on that one. Went hard after him & was excited about getting him as an UDFA. There was probably a scout that was standing on the table for him too so props to that guy as well.
This guy has been playing great. Props to Free, too. While he should still be considered the weakest of our line, he has been playing pretty well. Hopefully, he's not hurt too badly.

Top Bottom