TV Thread

D

Deuce

I wish I could see True Detective (legally) without paying for it. I can't bring myself to buy an entire TV season without having seen it and knowing its rewatchability. It seems right up my alley though.

Been reading some of Thomas Ligotti's fiction lately. Ligotti is whom the creator of True Detective has been accused of plagiarizing for the McConaughey character's anti-natalism/nihilism. I soundly disagree with Ligotti's philosophy, but it does make for frightening horror fiction, if anyone's into that sort of thing.
Geektv.ch is a gift from God himself.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I wish I could see True Detective (legally) without paying for it. I can't bring myself to buy an entire TV season without having seen it and knowing its rewatchability. It seems right up my alley though.

Been reading some of Thomas Ligotti's fiction lately. Ligotti is whom the creator of True Detective has been accused of plagiarizing for the McConaughey character's anti-natalism/nihilism. I soundly disagree with Ligotti's philosophy, but it does make for frightening horror fiction, if anyone's into that sort of thing.
Torrents.

dallen

Senior Tech
The original BBC series with Tenant was supposed to be good. I'm going to go back and watch that one too.
I liked it. Weird that they are remaking it with the same lead though.

dallen

Senior Tech
I'll answer for Carp. The show was good, they did try to force Penguin, Riddler, Cat Woman, and Poison Ivy in there...but the show is not really about them and Batman, it is about Gordon and Bullock. That was pretty good stuff. I will say that Jada Pinkett was actually pretty good too as a villain.
I saw it. Pretty much what Carp said. It was a good first episode

Carp

DCC 4Life
I saw it. Pretty much what Carp said. It was a good first episode
The Penguin is going to be good though...he has a way about him. He appears to be the guy most likely to breakout...I think it may be even set up to kill off Fish Mooney and take over her business.

dallen

Senior Tech
The Penguin is going to be good though...he has a way about him. He appears to be the guy most likely to breakout...I think it may be even set up to kill off Fish Mooney and take over her business.

Yeah. Great casting. He nails what I imagine a young Penguin would be like

Thorn

Brand New Member
Everyone on this forum needs to see the new South Park Episode.

https://vine.co/v/O7YHMDhthMn

It's about the NFL, particularly the Washington Redskins. It centers around Cartman naming a start up company "The Washington Redskins" on Kickstarter and using all of the Redskins logos because the copyright was lifted.

It shits on Goodell too. But Jerry's South Park face was the high point for me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watched Gotham finally.

It was okay. I just wonder how it will sustain itself.

I don't see it being like Smallville was, capable of lasting for many seasons leading up to the final super hero debut.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Watched Gotham finally.

It was okay. I just wonder how it will sustain itself.

I don't see it being like Smallville was, capable of lasting for many seasons leading up to the final super hero debut.
I think it was good and can sustain, but they tried to introduce too many people at first. Hell...you got Penguin, Riddler, Poison Ivy, Maroni, Alfred, Fish Mooney, and Catwoman all in one show. Also, the stand up comedian could foreshadow Joker. Once they just focus on Gordon and Bullock they will be fine.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Finally watched Gotham. I thought it was very good.

I like the testy relationship between Gordon and his partner.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Finally watched Gotham. I thought it was very good.

I like the testy relationship between Gordon and his partner.
It was good again last night...I liked this episode better than the series premier.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just watched the first two Gothams. This is going to be a damn good show.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Episode 2 was very good. Better than the first.

I like that there are so many angles and storylines.

Fish Mooney v. Falcone
Penguin vs Fish Mooney
Gordon v. Harvey
Gordon v. The corrupt system
Gordon's girlfriend v. I assume her former lesbian partner Montoya
Etc.
A like that they didn't just run with a linear storyline.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I suppose the Harvey character is Harvey Dent who became Two Face?

Top Bottom