Cowboys First Scheduled FA Visit

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Whoa. Glad to see we got our priorities straight.

I gotta tell ya, that H-back/FB type is right up there to address right away, yessir.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Ohboy, goodygoody. So good to know the front office is on the ball!

I'm glad we didn't dive in head first and start throwing money around but :picard .

Carp

DCC 4Life
They misspelled Jed Collins...it's THE Jed Collins.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Who'd you want that's gone? I'm ok not throwing money around right now. Also fine with not trying to restructure contracts for Lee, Witten and Romo. Who wants to push that money further down the line.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Bringing in Cromartie for a visit would be much more productive and resourceful than this.

I know we aren't going to be jumping at all the high prices guys, but there are solid guys who shouldn't break the bank that we could've brought in that would be much more valuable than a fricking FB.

Oh well, I'm hoping the little activity is due to trying to hammer out a Murray deal, avd once that's decided one way or another, the FA activity will pick up.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'm fine with not throwing money around but the first player we manage to attract is some clown that plays a pretty much obsolete position who I had to do a search for just to figure out who he is? Oy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think this is basically a signal to any prospective free agent that we are not serious about adding much of anything.

If I am a free agent left out there (and there ain't much left as it is), this does not scream these guys are looking to win.

Other than being pre-occupied with signing our own, our first priority to improve this team and perhaps go to the next level is this? Laughable.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
This is the type of guy you look at 2-3 weeks after FA begins, not on day 2 or 3.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The free agent period is barely 24 hours old, and there's nobody gone yet that I really wanted. This inactivity doesn't bother me a bit. Sure beats the hell out of overpaying stupidly like a lot of teams are doing right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The free agent period is barely 24 hours old, and there's nobody gone yet that I really wanted. This inactivity doesn't bother me a bit. Sure beats the hell out of overpaying stupidly like a lot of teams are doing right now.
And most people feel the same. It is not the inactivity and the frenzy is something best avoided.

But when your first toe dip into the pool is this?

Our priorities are pretty screwed up.

It is a joke.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And most people feel the same. It is not the inactivity and the frenzy is something best avoided.

But when your first toe dip into the pool is this?

Our priorities are pretty screwed up.

It is a joke.
I don't care about this, either. We have no idea who we have and haven't spoken to on the phone or whatever. Just because some schlub journyman FB is coming in for a visit is no big deal to me. Certainly not to the extent where I'm going to be all pissed off over it. I'd be willing to bet that our intentions have already been made well known to the camps of the players we have interest in signing.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Put it this way... Do people honestly think that we haven't been in contact with anybody? Seriously? When information of what we are doing makes it into the press, it pisses people off that we make our intentions known. Now that the info isn't flowing, that pisses people off, too? Come on, now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Put it this way... Do people honestly think that we haven't been in contact with anybody? Seriously? When information of what we are doing makes it into the press, it pisses people off that we make our intentions known. Now that the info isn't flowing, that pisses people off, too? Come on, now.
Right now, if a free agent breathes in someone's direction, it is reported.

We have been "interested" in a lot of players but not one has visited. Zero. That tells me that interest is agent-speak and not team initiated.

We aren't doing shit but waiting for the other shoe to drop with DeMarco Murray. In fact, I think our whole "plan" is based off of that.

Hopefully, there is a decision soon and they can move on to important stuff, like signing the next Terrell McClain. That will just be choice.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Right now, if a free agent breathes in someone's direction, it is reported.
How? Are the phone lines bugged? If nobody leaks it, they don't report it. Either way, BFD.

Our last few off seasons, (well, all of them since the dawn of time, basically) have had people wringing their hands over the lack of or over activity. Let's let it play out and see if it actually merits the tears.

dallen

Senior Tech
How? Are the phone lines bugged? If nobody leaks it, they don't report it. Either way, BFD.

Our last few off seasons, (well, all of them since the dawn of time, basically) have had people wringing their hands over the lack of or over activity. Let's let it play out and see if it actually merits the tears.
Wait and see?

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I just hope that we can sign Greg Hardy. No one is really talking about him, and he's the free agent we really need the most.

Top Bottom