Cowboys Interested In Stephen Paea

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Three NFC clubs showing interest in Stephen Paea

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 7, 2015, 6:07 PM EST

A well-regarded free agent defensive tackle reportedly has garnered interest from three NFC clubs.

Arizona, Dallas and Washington have all inquired on Bears defensive tackle Stephen Paea, Jen Lada of CSN Chicago reported Saturday.

Also, Lada reports that the Bears “are not in the mix” for the 26-year-old Paea.

Paea (6-1, 300) is PFT’s 34th-ranked free agent. He notched a career-high six sacks for Chicago in 2014. A fifth-year pro from Oregon State, Paea has recorded 94 career tackles and 12 sacks.

The Bears are transitioning from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense next season. Arizona and Washington employ base 3-4 schemes, while Dallas runs the 4-3.

-------

Sweet.

Go after a DT responsible for part of Chicago's horrid run defense.

Sounds like a winner.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'll trust Marinelli's evaluation of this guy.
Paea was an underachiever when Marinelli was in Chicago.

So we should trust his evaluation because he already has a corny nickname?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Paea was an underachiever when Marinelli was in Chicago.

So we should trust his evaluation because he already has a corny nickname?
I haven't watched film on the guy or anything, so I don't know how well he played for Marinelli. It's true that he had his best year last year without him. It may not even be true that we have interest. The report might just be connecting the Marinelli dots.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't watched film on the guy or anything, so I don't know how well he played for Marinelli. It's true that he had his best year last year without him. It may not even be true that we have interest. The report might just be connecting the Marinelli dots.
Plus we know that agents love to leak that the Cowboys are interested in players. Seems like we are always linked to a million guys.

hstour

Brand New Member
Plus we know that agents love to leak that the Cowboys are interested in players. Seems like we are always linked to a million guys.
Of course, tying the Cowboys to a player should get you at least an added $1M in the bidding......

Top Bottom