Limit on DeMarco Murray

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Agents will be able to start negotiating with teams starting tomorrow, although players can't visit teams or officially sign contracts until Tuesday. I assume we will start to hear rumors about what Murray is being offered by other teams in the next few days. If I was running the team I would have a limit that I would go up to with regard to annual salary, years and guaranteed money on Murray, and I think the organization is operating like that in some form or fashion.

So how high would you go for Murray, taking into account all of the factors that have already been laid out over the last month or so?

I'd say my absolute limit would be 7 million a year over 5 years with 17 guaranteed. I looked at the contracts of McCoy, Forte and Charles given out over the last few years to come to what I thought was a fair value for Murray. Obviously I'd much prefer something like 4 years, 28 million, 15 guaranteed, but I'd say this is my absolute limit.

If he can get some team to give him 8+ a year and 20+ guaranteed, Godspeed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Agents will be able to start negotiating with teams starting tomorrow, although players can't visit teams or officially sign contracts until Tuesday. I assume we will start to hear rumors about what Murray is being offered by other teams in the next few days. If I was running the team I would have a limit that I would go up to with regard to annual salary, years and guaranteed money on Murray, and I think the organization is operating like that in some form or fashion.

So how high would you go for Murray, taking into account all of the factors that have already been laid out over the last month or so?

I'd say my absolute limit would be 7 million a year over 5 years with 17 guaranteed. I looked at the contracts of McCoy, Forte and Charles given out over the last few years to come to what I thought was a fair value for Murray. Obviously I'd much prefer something like 4 years, 28 million, 15 guaranteed, but I'd say this is my absolute limit.

$4-6M max. I strongly doubt anyone gives him $8M unless they are looking to burn dollars to meet the cap threshold. I firmly believe he'll take a reasonable deal to stay in Dallas. He likes his Get-A-Long gang trips with Garrett, Romo and Witten.

dallen

Senior Tech
$4-6M max. I strongly doubt anyone gives him $8M unless they are looking to burn dollars to meet the cap threshold. I firmly believe he'll take a reasonable deal to stay in Dallas. He likes his Get-A-Long gang trips with Garrett, Romo and Witten.
I would be ok with $25M for 5yrs with half guaranteed

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
6 mill a year max, 12 mill guaranteed....maybe 15.

If we're playing fantasy football, I'd do cartwheels if we got him at 4 years 24 million with half guaranteed. That's a fair deal that averages out to 6 mill a year.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

If we're playing fantasy football, I'd do cartwheels if we got him at 4 years 24 million with half guaranteed. That's a fair deal that averages out to 6 mill a year.
I could live with that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Thanks, Phil.

Jiggyfly

Banned

I think we are at the same threshold concerning guaranteed money and that's my biggest issue.

the way I would structure it is basically 14 million guaranteed over 2 years and the ability to cut him after 3 with minimal dead money.

Top Bottom