Archer: Cowboys re-sign Cameron Lawrence, Davon Coleman

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys re-sign Cameron Lawrence, Davon Coleman

February, 13, 2015

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys re-signed linebacker Cameron Lawrence, who was to be an exclusive-rights free agent, to a one-year deal on Friday worth $585,000.

Lawrence played in every game in 2014 and had 11 tackles and a sack in limited defensive action, according to the coaches' breakdown. He finished tied for ninth with four special teams tackles. Lawrence signed with the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2013 and was called up from the practice squad midway through his rookie season.

The Cowboys also signed defensive tackle Davon Coleman. He was the last of the Cowboys’ practice-squad players from the end of last season to sign a deal after he looked elsewhere for work following the season.

Coleman, who signed as an undrafted free agent with the Cowboys last year, started the season opener, was active for the first two games and made four tackles before getting hurt in the weight room. He was inactive for the next eight games before he was released and brought back to the practice squad.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm actually glad about Coleman. He has shown some flashes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm actually glad about Coleman. He has shown some flashes.
Feh. He's a JAG.

If we do it right, guys like Coleman, Bishop, Whaley, Okoye etc. won't even be around on opening day next season.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Feh. He's a JAG.

If we do it right, guys like Coleman, Bishop, Whaley, Okoye etc. won't even be around on opening day next season.
Kind of my thoughts. We have settled far too long for second rate players and convinced ourselves they are legit after a couple flashes in a preseason game or something along those lines.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Feh. He's a JAG.

Maybe I'm just used to having subpar talent, but as it stands right now Coleman is decent depth.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kind of my thoughts. We have settled far too long for second rate players and convinced ourselves they are legit after a couple flashes in a preseason game or something along those lines.
Hey, he "flashed" once or twice in preseason!

Top Bottom