The Dallas Cowboys Universe Members

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
I'm James, who had the "bad luck" of purchasing the DCU site from [MENTION=48]Sheik[/MENTION] back last summer. The admins here at DCC have graciously given me permission for this thread, about the DCU site "crash" I am sure you're all aware of.

I am aware the site is down and was aware of it immediately when it went down, last night. Godaddy assured me all would be restored within 30 minutes. That was about 9pm last night. I just got off the phone with them again and again they say, same crap. "Being worked on." Oh and, they're sorry of course.

Nothing bad on our end, everything is paid and nothing was changed to mess us up - it's all godaddy.

Wish there was something I could do short of moving the site to my other hosting - can't even do that at this point, no file manager, no access to the database, no FTP either, on this godaddy hosting.

They assure me no data has been lost and they are working on the problem. My apologies, fellas.

And much thanks to the DCC admin, for letting me post this.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
We are praying for a speedy recovery. Hopefully you guys are merely paralyzed for life instead of dead forever.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
We are praying for a speedy recovery. Hopefully you guys are merely paralyzed for life instead of dead forever.
Thanks! But as for me, the DCU will never be dead unless I am. I do have backups of the db taken just in case I have to just, simply move the site. But that sure is a pain in the rear, done it before and would rather not.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Can't read the thread anymore. It's giving me flashbacks.
:lol

Yeah, we understand all too well what it's like to be down, and absolutely feel for you.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Thanks! But as for me, the DCU will never be dead unless I am. I do have backups of the db taken just in case I have to just, simply move the site. But that sure is a pain in the rear, done it before and would rather not.
We are in out 12th reincarnation, so you are preaching to the choir.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
We are in out 12th reincarnation, so you are preaching to the choir.
It's the weirdest thing because I have had godaddy hosting for a little more than ten years before buying DCU, and never, ever had any problems with it. This is the first significant down time any site I have had, has ever suffered.

D

Deuce

Is this guy signed up for the Mayock?
:lol We do have 1 spot left...:unsure

I think Doomsday just let a golden opportunity slip through his fingers. He could have easily said "sorry, we're shut down for good" and not worried about 2233 coming back to his board once they are back up and running.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
:lol We do have 1 spot left...:unsure

I think Doomsday just let a golden opportunity slip through his fingers. He could have easily said "sorry, we're shut down for good" and not worried about 2233 coming back to his board once they are back up and running.
Don't think for one minute that wasn't a thought!:lol

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
WOAH! - PROGRESS!

I now have file manager, FTP and yes, access to the database. Taking a backup of it right now while I can, to assure no data loss. I have all files, folders, images, attachments, everything backed up now and up to date with the fail point.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So were the hackers from North Korea, or Arizona?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So were the hackers from North Korea, or Arizona?
Dude, you have no idea the shit you are stepping in right now. HE WILL KILL YOU! god bless your soul :skurred

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The King of Larestan strikes again. :skurred

Top Bottom