MacMahon: Bruce Carter 'couldn't believe' interception

Carp

DCC 4Life
ST. LOUIS -- The first turnover of Dallas Cowboys linebacker Bruce Carter’s career was a big one.

Carter picked off a pass over the middle intended for running back Zac Stacy and raced 25 yards untouched for a touchdown to stretch the Cowboys’ lead to double digits with 5:58 remaining in Sunday’s 34-31 victory against the St. Louis Rams.

Blitzing cornerback Orlando Scandrick and defensive ends George Selvie and Kyle Wilber got pressure on Rams quarterback Austin Davis, forcing him to make a hurried throw. Carter made sure the Rams paid dearly for that mistake.

“I don’t think he could actually see who he was throwing to and I slide right in there and was able to make a good play,” said Carter, who also had 12 tackles and a pass deflection in the win. “It all worked out well. It felt great. I haven’t had an interception since college and that felt great.

“Even when I was on the sidelines, I still couldn’t believe it happened. It’s a great feeling.”

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
You're not alone Bruce, we couldn't believe it either

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

Act like you've been there before, Bruce.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He's a play-making mother humper. :towel

Cotton

Staff member
You're not alone Bruce, we couldn't believe it either
No doubt. I just stared at the TV trying to figure what the number on the jersey was, because no way could it be 54.

Carp

DCC 4Life
No doubt. I just stared at the TV trying to figure what the number on the jersey was, because no way could it be 54.
You paint a real picture. I often stare at the TV when I watch a football game.

Cotton

Staff member
You paint a real picture. I often stare at the TV when I watch a football game.
:lol

It's like we stare up at the same stars every night.

Carp

DCC 4Life
All kidding aside...I always expect more from Carter when he is on the field because he jumps off the screen sometimes...both good and bad. Athletically, there are few more gifted LBs than Carter, but the mental part is the biggest thing for him. Maybe a play like this will calm him down and build confidence so he is not out looking for that signature play. He has one now...you made your mark...now just be consistent.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well, one of Carter's strengths at UNC was his coverage ability, so this isn't completely foreign to him.

The guy has a ton of ability so I hope it starts to click for him soon.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The most amazing (ridiculous) thing is watching him completely whiff on fairly unathletic pass catchers in the flat.

Carter looks like a pig on rollerskates sometimes. It's not like they pull some ridiculous juke move, a slight hesitation at all and he completely overruns them like he's not in control of his body.

It's weird. He's so athletic himself you'd think he could hone in better.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The most amazing (ridiculous) thing is watching him completely whiff on fairly unathletic pass catchers in the flat.

Carter looks like a pig on rollerskates sometimes. It's not like they pull some ridiculous juke move, a slight hesitation at all and he completely overruns them like he's not in control of his body.

It's weird. He's so athletic himself you'd think he could hone in better.
Wilcox does this and it drives me nuts too. A guy will catch the ball and instead of running through the tackle our defensive player comes to a total stop and waits for the offensive player to make a move. Why a defender would ever stop and wait for the offensive player to come to him blows my mind but I see Wilcox do that shit all of the time.

Top Bottom